Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 NFL Thread

Offline vomit

Well, that was painful.

6-2 is still OK.  I can say the O-line and coaching was a disappointment for Dallas tonight.
Specto Caelum!

Offline Svengarlic

Well, that was painful.

6-2 is still OK.  I can say the O-line and coaching was a disappointment for Dallas tonight.
I'm surprised that Dallas lost. I thought it would be a good game, but I expected Dallas to win by 9 or 10, so I laid off betting the game.  :-[

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
This week in football got better.  My AFC team (the Chiefs) beat the crap out of St. Louis, and my NFC, and overall favorite, team (the Redskins) beat their archenemy in the sports big rivalry matchup!

Anyone find it ironic that the same people who are praising the Cowboys for being 6-2 without having beaten a team with a > .500 record were the same ones bashing the Chiefs last year for being 9-0 with having beaten teams with a > .500 record?
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Is it just me or are the Cardinals one of the least talked about 6-1 squads of recent memory? Maybe after they beat the Cowboys in Dallas, they will get some more national respect....

:-\
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

Is it just me or are the Cardinals one of the least talked about 6-1 squads of recent memory? Maybe after they beat the Cowboys in Dallas, they will get some more national respect....

You know how it is...if it ain't one of the media's pet teams they get no respect. If the Cards DO beat the Cowboys the conversation will be "What's wrong with Dallas?".....not what's right with the Cardinals.

Offline vomit

Yes they will....IF they do.  Cmon Dallas!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Lefty

The Eagles' loss Sunday was no surprise, 4 straight in the desert and 10 of the last 13 since starting out 5-0 in that place that doesn't know how to tell time.

Arizona at Dallas this weekend -- obviously I have to root for Los Cardenales.  The game will not be seen in the Philadelphia area as the Eagles are in Houston at the same time, same channel.

"Same time, same channel" -- which reminds me, the Batman TV series DVD which I have pre-ordered comes out 11/11.

Offline Svengarlic

The Eagles' loss Sunday was no surprise, 4 straight in the desert and 10 of the last 13 since starting out 5-0 in that place that doesn't know how to tell time.

Arizona at Dallas this weekend -- obviously I have to root for Los Cardenales.  The game will not be seen in the Philadelphia area as the Eagles are in Houston at the same time, same channel.

"Same time, same channel" -- which reminds me, the Batman TV series DVD which I have pre-ordered comes out 11/11.
I found a GOOD site to watch NFL and NBA games. I watched my first Cardinal football game not on Monday night football last Sunday. I just got fed up watching the Gameday bullshit on the PC and went on a mad internet hunt.

You don't have to sign up or download anything at all. Just click the sport and the game you want to see, and presto: It's ON. I was watching Cards/Eagles on it and when it was over 60 Minutes came on. So I realized that it shows the channels and whatever is showing on 'em. That explained why I was getting it with no issues...because it shows all the commercials.  ;)

Try it out tomorrow for Thursday Night Football, or for NBA games tonight.
http://www.stream2u.me/sports/nfl.html

Offline vomit

Yep.  Or try,

http://www.vipleague.se/

Since I don't live in Dallas territory I use this site all the time; and the quality has gotten a lot better!  I just dumped cable and picked up NFL now ($1.99/month) and I don't miss cable at all.

Go Dallas!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Yep.  Or try,

http://www.vipleague.se/

Since I don't live in Dallas territory I use this site all the time; and the quality has gotten a lot better!  I just dumped cable and picked up NFL now ($1.99/month) and I don't miss cable at all.

Go Dallas!
I found a GOOD site to watch NFL and NBA games. I watched my first Cardinal football game not on Monday night football last Sunday. I just got fed up watching the Gameday bullshit on the PC and went on a mad internet hunt.

You don't have to sign up or download anything at all. Just click the sport and the game you want to see, and presto: It's ON. I was watching Cards/Eagles on it and when it was over 60 Minutes came on. So I realized that it shows the channels and whatever is showing on 'em. That explained why I was getting it with no issues...because it shows all the commercials.  ;)

Try it out tomorrow for Thursday Night Football, or for NBA games tonight.

Either one of you run antivirus lately?
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Svengarlic

Either one of you run antivirus lately?
No worries. The site I showed you is permanent, not a fly by night job. BTW,  my Norton shows when EVER a virus or malware tries to get in, blocks it and gives me details. No reports on the sports site.  ;)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Saints are abysmal on the road--but on the other hand, the Carolina Panthers are not world beaters either. I reluctantly took the Panthers for tonight, but I don't feel good about it...   :-\
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Winners:
CAR def NO
CLE def TB
ARI def DAL
PHI def HOU
KC def NYJ
CIN def JAX
MIA def SD (yes, an upset)
MIN def WSH
SF def STL (didn't they just meet like three weeks ago?)
NE def DEN
SEA def OAK
BAL def PIT
NYG def IND (another semi-upset)

There you go!  Mark it down.  These teams are now officially CURSED!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
"No worries. The site I showed you is permanent, not a fly by night job. BTW,  my Norton shows when EVER a virus or malware tries to get in, blocks it and gives me details. No reports on the sports site.  ;)
"

I like my computer to much to do that to it.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm sure Svengarlic wasn't pleased with that opening drive pick 6....

Offline Svengarlic

I'm sure Svengarlic wasn't pleased with that opening drive pick 6....
I'm still cleaning up the vomit! I started to get worried last night listening to the pundits predicting a Cardinal win....then they said that the Cards were 13-3 vs. the 'Boys in the last few years, and THEN Romo can't go. It was sounding like a set-up for Dallas to stun 'em.

I feel a little better now, of course.  :)

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
2nd & goal on the TB 1-yard line, and the Browns couldn't punch it in?!  They should take every players' salary away for the week regardless of whether they win or lose!  Even I, the heartthrob of millions, could have gotten it in on that defense!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Svengarlic

2nd & goal on the TB 1-yard line, and the Browns couldn't punch it in?!  They should take every players' salary away for the week regardless of whether they win or lose!  Even I, the heartthrob of millions, could have gotten it in on that defense!
With, or without your toup'?  [pie]

Offline Svengarlic

Lefty's guys are slugging it out with Texas, 14-14, and the lowly Dolphins are crushing SD 20-0!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Jason Witten perhaps saving the Cowboys from disaster with that TD saving tackle...

Offline Svengarlic

Jason Witten perhaps saving the Cowboys from disaster with that TD saving tackle...
LOL...that old buzzard that was running it back totally ran out of gas. Reminds me of that fucking fat ass that ran the fumble back to the house for the Steelers in the Superbowl! (only he made it)  >:(

Offline Shemp_Diesel

PaulPayne had the Dolphins upsetting the Chargers today--don't know if he had a 30 to 0 blowout, wow!!!  :o

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I know the man hasn't won anything yet--but how good is coach Arians. I'm hoping if this score holds up, the national media will prop up the Cards instead of focusing on what's wrong with the Boys--but I may be hoping for too much....

Offline Svengarlic

PaulPayne had the Dolphins upsetting the Chargers today--don't know if he had a 30 to 0 blowout, wow!!!  :o
The NFLTV guys this morning said the Fish would beat 'em too. Must be reading the Heart Throb's posts.  :)

The Cowboys were awfully conservative today...no way to win nowadays.

I'm inspired to pick the Rams to beat SF!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A lot of snow in Foxboro today--wonder how that will effect Peyton, if it effects him?