Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Yet Another Question About The ROUTINES Page. . .

Offline Hammond Eggar

I have greatly enjoyed reading the entries on the ROUTINES page.  I have, yet, another question and suggestion for that page.

1) There is an entry titled "Drop What You're Doing."  I noticed that "A Pain in the Pullman" was missing from the list for this catagory.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this short fit?  I am refering to the scene in which the Stooges are trying to sneak out of Hammond Eggerley's place.  Moe tells Curly to, "Drop it!"  Curly drops the luggage case, which sends it sliding down the staircase.

2) Here is my suggestion.  in "Dizzy Pilots" the Stooges sing "da da da da da da da da da, a-flying we will go."  The boys sang a variation of this song in several shorts, including "Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise" and "Ants in the Pantry."  The version in "Ants" is actually a reworking of "The Farmer in the Dell."  That said, with it's "a-hunting we will go" lyric, it is perfect for this catagory.  This entry needs to be added to the routines page.  If it's already there, then I just over-looked it.  Thanks again for considering my suggestion.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Dr. Belch

I'll see your two, Hammy, and raise you another: The Stooges would enter their girlfriends' home and find them weeping disconsolately. Curly takes a hanky and daubs each girl's eyes gently, one, two, three. He then squeezes the cloth and produces enough water to fill a convenient glass or vase sitting nearby. I don't know if this gag was used enough to be a bona fide stock routine, or in which short(s) it appeared in, though.

Dog Hambone

I recall something similar in Heavenly Daze where Moe & Larry are crying in the lawyer's office, and squeeze out their handkerchiefs into a plant pot filled with dirt. Once they squeeze the water in, a mature flower immediately springs up.