The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who's the Mystery Actor?

Svengarlic · 361 · 82616

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Signor Spumoni

Well done again, BeAStooge!  I like the pictures and links you included in your response.

Offline Svengarlic

I would never have gotten the chick. Too obscure.  [cry]

Offline Signor Spumoni

Does it help jog your memory, Svengarlic, to know that Jane Frazee also costarred with Roy Rogers for a while when Dale Evans pursued other opportunities?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does it help jog your memory, Svengarlic, to know that Jane Frazee also costarred with Roy Rogers for a while when Dale Evans pursued other opportunities?

Ed Norton's favorite actress... "I'll tell ya Ralph, my Trixie's no Jane Frazee, but she's a sweet kid."

Offline Svengarlic

Not at all. I don't know much about the Rogers, except that he was from Ohio and they adopted a bunch of kids and that he stuffed that golden palomino full of sawdust like Norman Bates.

As to the slanted chick...a view of her face would be nice!

Offline Signor Spumoni

I apologize for the first photo of this actress.  All I can say is that it looked all right last night, but I was up too late when I chose it.

That was a funny comment about the golden palomino's being stuffed with sawdust like Norman Bates.  :)  I've wondered what became of stuffed Trigger when the museum closed a couple of years ago.  He wasn't the kind of thing that a person could just set in the hallway or stairwell as a decoration.

Offline Svengarlic

That's more like it Sig, I knew this chick immediately!  ;) But I'll sit on it in case someone else wants to wrestle with it. I never noticed how much she resembled another pretty Jewess, Connie Francis, but Connie didn't have a bod like that!

Offline Signor Spumoni

Now, to me, this photo looks quite different to the actress' usual look.  The face differs enough that I wouldn't have known her had I not seen the caption.  Funny how that works, sometimes.

Offline Signor Spumoni

I don't have much time these days, but here are a few clues:  this beauty pageant winner worked with some of the big screen's most famous tough guys such as John Wayne, Marlon Brando and Lee Marvin in her early years.  The first photo is from her "breakthrough" role.

Offline Svengarlic

That film was planned as the first made for TV movie, and it looked like one. But it was judged to be just a tad too mean and violent for TV and went to theatrical release.  ;)

And yes, Sig, she was much cuter in the early '60s with dark hair and a fuller face of baby fat.

Offline Signor Spumoni

That film was planned as the first made for TV movie, and it looked like one. But it was judged to be just a tad too mean and violent for TV and went to theatrical release.  ;)

And yes, Sig, she was much cuter in the early '60s with dark hair and a fuller face of baby fat.

I didn't know that about the movie, Sven.  Thanks.

A couple more big hints, then Svengarlic can tell the name tomorrow, seeing how this one is going.  She got her first starring feature role as a Eurasian although she was an all-American native of the Peace Garden State.  She was associated with the so-called Rat Pack, appearing in what could be called a Rat Pack movie.  She went blonde and stayed blonde in the 1960s.  She never answered directly the rumor that she was among JFK's love interests, preferring to dodge the question even as recently as the 1990s.  She starred in a TV drama in the 1970s.

Offline Svengarlic

We may be thinking of two different roles and movies, Sig. We'll clear it up tomorrow.

Offline Signor Spumoni

That's right, BeAStooge, it's Angie Dickinson.  Thank you for posting a current photo, too.  I was thinking of doing that.  Angie turns 83 on the thirtieth of this month, by the way.
Who is the man with her?

Offline Svengarlic

That's right, BeAStooge, it's Angie Dickinson.  Thank you for posting a current photo, too.  I was thinking of doing that.  Angie turns 83 on the thirtieth of this month, by the way.
Who is the man with her?
That man would Be...A Stooge.  ;)

Offline Signor Spumoni

Is Svengarlic right - - is that you, BeAStooge? 

Sven:  The first movie in which Angie Dickinson had a featured lead (where she played the Eurasian) was "China Gate."  Her "breakthrough" role was as saloon girl, Feathers, in "Rio Bravo."  Her Rat Pack movie was "Ocean's 11."  And, of course, "Police Woman" was her 1970s TV show.  I think you and I were thinking of different movies or roles at some point or other; I hope this clears that up.

Who's up next with a new mystery actor?

Offline Svengarlic

Is Svengarlic right - - is that you, BeAStooge? 

Sven:  The first movie in which Angie Dickinson had a featured lead (where she played the Eurasian) was "China Gate."  Her "breakthrough" role was as saloon girl, Feathers, in "Rio Bravo."  Her Rat Pack movie was "Ocean's 11."  And, of course, "Police Woman" was her 1970s TV show.  I think you and I were thinking of different movies or roles at some point or other; I hope this clears that up.

Who's up next with a new mystery actor?
I'll have one tomorrow.

Offline Svengarlic

For a change of pace how about an actor at the peak of his popularity right now?
Obviously, without the beard and glasses you would know him immediately. He was the male lead in a remake of a classic movie briefly discussed in another thread not too long ago.  ;)

Offline Svengarlic

I'm out.  I know almost no contemporary actors.
I know what you mean. I have to work to remember the new wave of actors.  I've actually only seen this guy in 2 films. One of those flicks was a huge production, taking years to go from page to screen. It was a remake.

Offline Svengarlic

Adrian Brody as Jack Driscol. Best known for The Pianist and landed the role of Houdini in the TV movie. He's the guy that broke down Halle Berry like a shotgun at the Oscar podium with a big, slobbering kiss. He became my hero right then and there.  :)