Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who's the Mystery Actor?

Svengarlic · 361 · 81193

Offline Svengarlic

I haven't seen anything on E!, but it sounds intriguing.  I'll check it on youtube, as you suggest.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the scene you mention, the one with Brynner, Heston and the unnamed actor.  Was there meant to be a link?
LOL...yes, there was.  [pie]

Offline Signor Spumoni

Thank you for that clip.  Charlton Heston moved as if made of wood.  Sheesh.  And that hair just doesn't suit Yul.  I saw him in something else  where he had hair.  He definitely looked better bald.

I have seen the other actor in the clip for sure, but I just don't know his name.  I am stumped. 

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This actor looks like Heston's favorite stunt double, Joe Canutt
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Svengarlic

This actor looks like Heston's favorite stunt double, Joe Canutt
I thought his first name was Yakima! But no, it's the actor being discussed in another thread.

This is a still from the screen test he made trying out for the role of "Jeter" for Tobacco Road, the part he made famous on Broadway. But they went with  Dorothy's father from The Wizard of Oz!

Offline Signor Spumoni

What, you mean to say this is "Werewolf of London's" Henry Hull?   :o

Offline Svengarlic

What, you mean to say this is "Werewolf of London's" Henry Hull?   :o
Ha ha! Si Signor!  :)

Sheer coincidence that he came up in the Universal Horror thread....I guess.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I thought his first name was Yakima! But no, it's the actor being discussed in another thread.

This is a still from the screen test he made trying out for the role of "Jeter" for Tobacco Road, the part he made famous on Broadway. But they went with  Dorothy's father from The Wizard of Oz!

Yakima is Joe's Dad ...

Offline Svengarlic

Yakima is Joe's Dad ...
Ahh....I may have known that at one time, but this head can't hold all of the stuff I try to cram into it.

Offline Signor Spumoni

Well, in keeping with the London portion of "Werewolf of London" let me say, "Cor blimey!"  And in keeping with the Stooge portion of this board let me say, "It's a coincidence!" that Henry Hull came up on both boards.  Well done again, Svengarlic!  I hope this thread goes on forever.

Offline Svengarlic

Well, in keeping with the London portion of "Werewolf of London" let me say, "Cor blimey!"  And in keeping with the Stooge portion of this board let me say, "It's a coincidence!" that Henry Hull came up on both boards.  Well done again, Svengarlic!  I hope this thread goes on forever.
Hmmm.....sounds to me like you are going to do one for US! :) Give it a shot while I struggle to come up with my next one.

Offline Signor Spumoni

Hmmm.....sounds to me like you are going to do one for US! :) Give it a shot while I struggle to come up with my next one.

Fair enough.  I'll enjoy the challenge.   :)

Offline Signor Spumoni

I'm sure you film whizzes will get this immediately, so I'll just leave it clueless for now.

Offline JazzBill

[img
I'm sure you film whizzes will get this immediately, so I'll just leave it clueless for now.
Just a wild guess, is it a young Martha Raye ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Signor Spumoni

Just a wild guess, is it a young Martha Raye ?

A good guess, JazzBill, but I'm afraid it isn't Martha Raye.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
(I cheated and looked) ... So I'll be the first to give a clue -
The angle of the photo and what this lady is wearing and doing doesn't do anything in giving you a clue who she is

Offline Svengarlic

When I first glanced at her I was SURE that I recognized her. But the harder I thought and stared the further I got away from that initial recognition. Dark woman, high cheekbones, photo looks from the mid-thirties....it's the heavy eye makeup that's throwing me off.

Give me 'till 1PM Central time Thursday before you give a clue. I can DO this.  ;)

Offline Svengarlic

(I cheated and looked) ... So I'll be the first to give a clue -
The angle of the photo and what this lady is wearing and doing doesn't do anything in giving you a clue who she is
Amazingly this "clue" helps me little.  :o But I will get it before dinner time tomorrow!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Our Italian Ice Cream Man found a very rare pic of this lady ... eh?

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I think I have one ... who be dis mysact?

Offline Svengarlic

I think I have one ... who be dis mysact?
I'm still working on the familiar looking giant scooter chick and you pile this dude on! I'm going to need a clue on him. A total blank.

EDIT: Is he British?

EDIT 2: Is the woman Lupe Valez?

Offline Signor Spumoni

I'm still working on the familiar looking giant scooter chick and you pile this dude on! I'm going to need a clue on him. A total blank.

EDIT: Is he British?

EDIT 2: Is the woman Lupe Valez?

No, it isn't Lupe.  Yes, I will honor your request to post no clue before 1pm CDT.

Wow, Giff me dat fill-em, that's a tough one!  I think I never saw that actor, but he does look British, as Svengarlic suggests.  By the way, every time I see your name, I am reminded of a grade school teacher I had who pronounced "film" the same way as Mr. Borcht.

Offline Svengarlic

No, it isn't Lupe.  Yes, I will honor your request to post no clue before 1pm CDT.

Wow, Giff me dat fill-em, that's a tough one!  I think I never saw that actor, but he does look British, as Svengarlic suggests.  By the way, every time I see your name, I am reminded of a grade school teacher I had who pronounced "film" the same way as Mr. Borcht.
I take back that 1PM thing, Sig. Give us a clue.

Offline Signor Spumoni

I take back that 1PM thing, Sig. Give us a clue.

Gladly.  She began her show business career as a dancer, then moved into acting.  Although she was a natural brunette, as per the photo, she achieved fame as a redhead.

Offline Svengarlic

Gladly.  She began her show business career as a dancer, then moved into acting.  Although she was a natural brunette, as per the photo, she achieved fame as a redhead.
Oops! You gave WAY to much info there! I know who she is now.  ;) I'll add a hint: She's hard to recognize here because of her hairline. It was altered, pushed back off the forehead by studio plastic surgeons....and added a widow's peak.

Offline Signor Spumoni

I'm not as skilled as you are, Svengarlic, in parceling out the information.  :)  Perhaps I'll try again another time, if I can be as clever as you.

Giff me dat fill-em, throw us a clue, please!