Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who's the Mystery Actor?

Svengarlic · 361 · 82589

Offline metaldams

The middle?  Marilyn Monroe.  The sign in the back was a giveaway.  If you look closely, you can see director G Cukor and figure out the title is LET'S MAKE LOVE.  Further research confirmed it.  Joe Besser was in that one.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

The middle?  Marilyn Monroe.  The sign in the back was a giveaway.  If you look closely, you can see director G Cukor and figure out the title is LET'S MAKE LOVE.  Further research confirmed it.  Joe Besser was in that one.
Your eyes must be better than mine. I couldn't make it out.

Offline metaldams

Your eyes must be better than mine. I couldn't make it out.

I magnified the picture on my iPad and did the detective work.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

ThumpTheShoes

Who's this apple cheeked boy?

Pardon me for protruding, but that's got to be Oliver Hardy!

"Hard boiled eggs and nuts.. Mmmph!!"

Offline metaldams

Right you are!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

Odd....I saw this woman just a month ago on something and I remember thinking that's the same bra-thing that Princess Laya wore in that Star Wars sequel. But I don't remember the actress! I won't get this one, so I'll peek.  [pie]

Offline Svengarlic

I too recognized the baby immediately. Except for the little mustache, Ollie didn't change much.  :)

Offline Signor Spumoni

Surely you recognize the exotic lady here, in her high school picture.

Offline Signor Spumoni

I too recognized the baby immediately. Except for the little mustache, Ollie didn't change much.  :)

How funny that Olly looked just the same as an infant as he did when grown!  All he needed was, as Sven said, a little moustache and, as I say, a derby.  This was good one.

Offline Svengarlic

How funny that Olly looked just the same as an infant as he did when grown!  All he needed was, as Sven said, a little moustache and, as I say, a derby.  This was good one.
Sig, I'm afraid that pretty much everybody knows what Norma Jean looked like before the nose job and hair bleach.  :(

Offline Svengarlic

This photo is circa '72 when this actress/performer was around 20. Her heyday was in the '80s, but she's all but forgotten now.

Offline metaldams

This photo is circa '72 when this actress/performer was around 20. Her heyday was in the '80s, but she's all but forgotten now.

Is that Roseanne Barr/Arnold?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Signor Spumoni

Sig, I'm afraid that pretty much everybody knows what Norma Jean looked like before the nose job and hair bleach.  :(

You're right, Sven, of course it was MM.  Some work for me came up, and I knew it would be a while before I would make it back here.
The picture I posted on 22.October was MM made up as silent star, Theda Bara.  It was part of a photo shoot in which she appeared as several other famous actresses of which these are two more:

Clara Bow:

Marlene Dietrich:

I planned to post these as further clues before I knew I would be too busy to post at all.  I didn't want to leave people hanging in case they asked for clues for the original picture, so I posted an easily identifiable picture of MM.  I decided to use a photo instead of just saying who the mystery actor was.

It also happens that I prefer her pictures from her early days, back when she was Norma Jean, like this:

I'm sorry for a post which didn't turn out as I planned.

Offline Signor Spumoni

This actor tested for the role of Dr. Zaius in "Planet of the Apes."  Health concerns prevented him from taking the role.

Offline Svengarlic

If he had a gun in his hand he would be more recognizable.  ;)

Offline metaldams

Offline Signor Spumoni

Sven and BeAStooge are right, it's Eddy G.!  Somewhere, some time or other I saw a picture of him when he was  baby.  I wish I'd had that one to use here.

Metaldams, I like your hint.   :)

Offline Svengarlic

How old is this photo, Metal? I'm thinking it's older than it looks. I have no one in mind at this point, BTW.

Offline metaldams

How old is this photo, Metal? I'm thinking it's older than it looks. I have no one in mind at this point, BTW.

According to the Internet, 1909.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

According to the Internet, 1909.
OMG...I was thinking between the 20's and the 30's. Of course, this guy must be familiar to us. Hmmm.....is he from Europe?