Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who's the Mystery Actor?

Svengarlic · 361 · 81221

Offline Svengarlic

I'm not as skilled as you are, Svengarlic, in parceling out the information.  :)
LOL.....but that was a good one. I don't know if I would have got her w/o a clue. I was just about to guess Loretta Young, in Europe to have Clark Gable's baby. I realize now that it's Mexico. 

Offline Signor Spumoni

LOL.....but that was a good one. I don't know if I would have got her w/o a clue. I was just about to guess Loretta Young, in Europe to have Clark Gable's baby. I realize now that it's Mexico.

I believe the photo was taken on the Fox lot, not in Mexico, although  it looks like Mexico. 

You know the other star whose background also matches the two clues given for this actress, yes?

Offline Svengarlic

I believe the photo was taken on the Fox lot, not in Mexico, although  it looks like Mexico. 

You know the other star whose background also matches the two clues given for this actress, yes?
No one comes to mind...who? Wait...are you thinking of Lucille Le Sueur?

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I think I have one ... who be dis mysact?

This photo was taken near the end of this actor's life while he was battling lung cancer ... (he is definitely NOT British)
(Oh, okay ... a big hint: In his movies he was always going somewhere)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Signor Spumoni

Thank you for the hints, Giff me dat fill-em; they are good ones.  I'll sit this one out because I think I don't know this actor at all. 

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
If you watched American TV in the '80s ... you most likely saw him on a commercial or two

Offline Svengarlic

Your guess is half correct.
I thought of Lucy first, but have you ever seen her dance? So I figured it was Crawford you were thinking of.

Offline Svengarlic

If you watched American TV in the '80s ... you most likely saw him on a commercial or two
No hair and no teeth and 30 years older than when I would have known him makes this a toughie. But I saw every damn commercial made so I should STILL come up with him....maybe.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
He did some voice characterization work for Disney in the mid to late '90s ... he had a Saturday Morning kids show in the late '80s

Offline Signor Spumoni

I thought of Lucy first, but have you ever seen her dance? So I figured it was Crawford you were thinking of.

Yes, it's Lucy.  She was one of the twenty original Goldwyn Girls when she began. 

I thought of Lucille LeSeur, too, but I guess that, to me, her hair looks auburn more than downright red.  It's a close call.  As an aside, I saw a clip of her dancing, and I wasn't impressed.  Good thing she and Lucy went on to other things.

Giff me dat fill-em, I may have seen your actor in the 80s, but the clues don't ring a bell, so I'm stumped.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This actor died in the year 2000 and was therefore unable to voice the third movie for Disney, which all three movies were blockbuster successes

Offline Signor Spumoni

I can't wait to find out who this is.  Thank you, Giff me dat fill-em.  :)

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I'm gonna be cooking hotdogs and cheese nachos and popcorn for the next few hours (working at a football game concession stand), so I'll post a very big hint when I return home later tonight ...

Offline Svengarlic

I don't think I'm gonna get this one. The last Disney flick I saw was Hiawatha! The "travel" clue did not click either.  >:( I await the BIG clue.  :-\

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Big Clue ... this actor portrayed a family member in the 1993 movie Beverly Hillbillies ...
(does he look familiar now?)

AND ... the character he played in ALL his TV commercials became several movies

Offline Signor Spumoni

Big Clue ... this actor portrayed a family member in the 1993 movie Beverly Hillbillies ...
(does he look familiar now?)

AND ... the character he played in ALL his TV commercials became several movies

Ohhhh!  I do know this fellow.  He was Jed in that Beverly Hillbillies movie, and he played Ernest in the commercials.  I heard Ernest made it into some movies, but I never saw them.  I never saw "The Beverly Hillbillies," either, come to think of it.  But what was that actor's name?   ???

Oh, and wasn't his catchphrase, "Know what I mean?"

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Yes ... perhaps Svengarlic will remember his name

Offline Svengarlic

Yes ... perhaps Svengarlic will remember his name
I should be shot for not knowing it was Varney. I SAW photo's of the guy in his last days! Dammit!

Nice one.  ;)

Offline Signor Spumoni

Varney, Jim Varney - - that was it!  Oh, how I racked my brain for this but failed.  I really don't know anything more about him than I wrote in an earlier post.  I recall reading that he was, in real life, a good-looking and highly intelligent man, utterly unlike "Ernest."  How sad that he died of lung cancer. 

Thank you, Giff me dat fill-em.  This was excellent. 

I have enjoyed learning more about all the mystery actors posted here.  Thanks, folks.

Offline Svengarlic

Here's three heavyweights of their time. The man in the middle is very recognizable, even without his rope. But who's the man on the left? He'll be a snap for some, but it's the man on the right that's the real enigma.

Though completely full face, Mr. Right is shown smiling, and that's what's throwing you off.  [cool]

Offline Signor Spumoni

The man in the middle is Will Rogers. 

The man on the left reminds me never to pose near a laxative advertisement (look over his shoulder).

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Svengarlic

The man in the middle is Will Rogers. 

The man on the left reminds me never to pose near a laxative advertisement (look over his shoulder).
Ford was more likely to be buying Bourbon from that drug store. Without his hat and cig, Winchell looks like a regular guy.

Offline Signor Spumoni

Well done, BeAStooge!

Sven, I agree with you on both your statements.