Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Phony Express (1943)

metaldams · 28 · 10516

Offline metaldams

Agreed with the both of you.  I love checking out the old double features and recreating them.  If all my stuff wasn’t in boxes now, I’d watch Return of the Vampire and Phony Express this morning.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Tony Bensley

Agreed with the both of you.  I love checking out the old double features and recreating them.  If all my stuff wasn’t in boxes now, I’d watch Return of the Vampire and Phony Express this morning.
If I had RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE (1943), I would have watched both of them, as well!   ;D

As it stands, I'm thinking a "Phony Express & Other Nyuks" (Also including YES, WE HAVE NO BONANZA (1939) and UNCIVIL WARRIORS (1935)) recreation might be in order one day soon! I have fond memories of viewing these on the VHS tape I used to have, but they look so much nicer on the Sony DVD sets, which I spent less than $15 more on in 2014 than that cassette from so many decades ago!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

P.S. I did do that recreation this morning! As usual, UNCIVIL WARRIORS (1935) did seem a bit out of place compared to the two western themed Stooge short subjects, but still enjoyable. I'm not sure which of the other two is my favorite, but they're both quite good! However, since this thread is about PHONY EXPRESS (1943), I'll point out that my favorite bit from that is when Curly sniffs around like a Bloodhound. That never fails to crack me up!

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

I'm not a huge fan of the Western Stooge shorts, but I like this one a lot.  It ranks at #48 in my Stooge countdown.