Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 MLB Thread

Offline metaldams

O's Vs. Royals sounds more fresh than Cards vs. Giants.....but that's just me talking.

I have a couple of long suffering Orioles fan friends, so I'm happy for them.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I have to say, I feel sorry for the Royals, if they do advance to the next round. The O's look like an unstoppable machine right now...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

I'm disgusted. TBS is still messed up. Can't get KC.

Offline Svengarlic

I see that KC is kicking more Angel ass. I love it. And Metel's boy, Moustakas, went deep again. Man, it would be nice if both small market MO teams beat LA's.

STILL no reception on TBS!.......Hold it! I got it. It was out for 5 hours.

Offline metaldams

I see that KC is kicking more Angel ass. I love it. And Metel's boy, Moustakas, went deep again. Man, it would be nice if both small market MO teams beat LA's.

STILL no reception on TBS!.......Hold it! I got it. It was out for 5 hours.

My TBS was out briefly during the Orioles game, but has been fine during this game.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

The Royals are brutal, and the Angels are futile. What's that sound I hear?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Cards are like nuclear roaches--you can't kill 'em...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

The Cards are like nuclear roaches--you can't kill 'em...
I'll tell you that I'm confused. On paper the Reds are the better team and I figured they would take the division walking away. Solid rotation, good hitting, best defense around. Brandon Phillips is the best fielding infielder since Ozzie Smith. I've seen him make plays that defy description. They had a bunch of injuries, but so has the Pirates and Cards. If ever a manager should be fired, it's Price!

Winning game 3 was huge, because I figured that whichever team DID, would win the series. John Lackey came up big. We can stop cussing out that rat bastard for now. Yeah...he's a giant prick, I've come to learn. But I have no shame.  >:D (as long as he's winning)

Offline Lefty

Yasshole Puke, or whatever he calls himself, is not in the lineup for the Dodgers tonight, replaced by Andre Ethier -- Ethier the bottle or the hammer.

The Orioles and Royals get to sit around for 5 days, and wouldn't you know -- Friday's weather forecast for Baltimore is for showers.

Is it true, because the game was not on any channel I get, that Madison Square-Garden lost a postseason game?  Hard to believe, Harry!

Offline Svengarlic

Yasshole Puke, or whatever he calls himself, is not in the lineup for the Dodgers tonight, replaced by Andre Ethier -- Ethier the bottle or the hammer.

The Orioles and Royals get to sit around for 5 days, and wouldn't you know -- Friday's weather forecast for Baltimore is for showers.

Is it true, because the game was not on any channel I get, that Madison Square-Garden lost a postseason game?  Hard to believe, Harry!
They're running Kershaw back out there on short rest instead of Danny Haren. If Kershaw tanks again, after knowing how bad he's been in post season games, the media will crucify Mattingly.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, Kershaw on short rest doesn't inspire confidence in me. Got a feeling the Cards may hammer him...

Offline Svengarlic

OMG, it's a goddam fucking pitching duel!!!

Offline Svengarlic

De Ja Vu....down 2-0 and they get to Kershaw again in the 7th! 3-2 Cards now.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I imagine if the Cards close this out, Don Mattingly will be hung in effigy in Los Angeles...

Offline Svengarlic

I imagine if the Cards close this out, Don Mattingly will be hung in effigy in Los Angeles...
Magic Johnson should kick him in the nuts, and THEN fire his ass!  ;D

I swear, I NEVER thought we would beat the Dodgers. I'm so tickled right now that I'm gonna get shitfaced and watch the game again.

Offline Svengarlic

It occurs to me that Cards/Giants NLCS may seem like this year's WS. The story is more compelling than any other possibility for the actual WS.

Offline Svengarlic

The schedule makers must be insane. If they are going to make the playoffs so widely spaced and start the NLCS today, why not do both games, and travel on Football Sunday?

At any rate I'm becoming a rooter of KC. They hooked me. I'm picking them over the O's in SIX[wink]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Looks like tonight's game may be called on account of crap weather in Baltimore--add this on top of the fact that both teams have waited about what seems like 3 weeks to even try to begin the ALCS and I imagine both teams will be a little rusty whenever this series gets kicked off....

Offline Svengarlic

Looks like tonight's game may be called on account of crap weather in Baltimore--add this on top of the fact that both teams have waited about what seems like 3 weeks to even try to begin the ALCS and I imagine both teams will be a little rusty whenever this series gets kicked off....
Looks pretty bad. I hope they don't even try to start it. Brutal for the fans in the stands. Saturday has to be better.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Uh oh, shaping up to be a pitcher's duel in Baltimore tonight...   ;)

Offline Svengarlic

Uh oh, shaping up to be a pitcher's duel in Baltimore tonight...   ;)
DOH! Almost had something going for the O's just now.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Everyone--including myself--was talking before this series how Baltimore had the power advantage and, of course, it's the Royals bats providing the thump tonight... Runs Svengarlic, Runs!!!!!

Offline metaldams

First off, no CRASH GOES THE HASH tonight until this game is over or it turns into a blowout.

Secondly, I don't care who wins the ALCS, but I really hope the winner takes it all.  Makes a much nicer under dog story than the Giants or Cards winning again.

Hell of a catch by Gordon as I type this!  Amazing that good Boston teams have had trouble with K.C., but this year's team handled them pretty well.  Kind of shocking, watching how well the Royals are playing now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

The Royals do a hell of a lot with what they have.

Offline metaldams