Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 MLB Thread

Offline metaldams

OMG! I just don't have the patience to watch a no scoring contest. I need action, and plenty of it! So far so good  ;)

I can appreciate a slugfest, but pitching duels are great.  I thought Lackey beating Verlander 1 - 0 in the playoffs last year was exhilarating, and Sanchez beating Lester 1 - 0 that much more heartbreaking.  By the way, getting Fielder and Cabrerra out in a 1 - 0 game with men on the corners and 1 out is plenty of action for me!

Have to work late these few weeks, so I missed the first game.  Looks like it was good until Baltimore blew it open in the 8th.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline Svengarlic

Great photo Metal....and a good game. (more runs please)

Offline metaldams

This Aoki guy is quite a defender.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Going into extras......again.  This is tense, I love these tight postseason games!  People who say baseball is slow and boring can kiss my ass.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Moustakis!  Man, if him and Markakis get hot this post season, I'm doing a seance and summoning my Yiayia.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Finally, a low scoring game. Royals 1 out away from pulling a big upset....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

A Royals Vs. Orioles ALCS would have been unthinkable 4 or 5 years ago.  This is great.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Royals and O's ALCS would be nice, but there's always the possibility the Angels bats wake up tomorrow--same for Detroit; although I get the feeling Verlander might get rocked tomorrow...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

A Royals Vs. Orioles ALCS would have been unthinkable 4 or 5 years ago.  This is great.
Son of a bitch, I fell asleep in the bottom of the 7th and missed a great end-game! A few thoughts: I remember last year hearing from the talking heads that the Royals were going to be good this year (tips hat)......My biggest surprise was the play of Aoki. My god what a ballplayer! I've seen him get key hits on Baseball tonight, but his defense....what can I say?

The big 3+1, Trout, Pujols, Kendrick and poor, post-'roid Josh Hamilton were a combined 0-17. That ain't gonna get it done. Verlander better have his shit together today for the striped cats, or doom looms.  ;)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A heads up--two of today's games are on the new Fox Sports 1 channel. So if you don't know which channel it's on, just click here....

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/foxsports1

Offline Svengarlic

A heads up--two of today's games are on the new Fox Sports 1 channel. So if you don't know which channel it's on, just click here....

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/foxsports1
Thanks. I would have been scrambling to find it! It's early, but it looks like an underdog post season, with the first 3 games going to the lower seed. But that will change today.

SF and Baltimore look awesome!

Offline Svengarlic

Took off work today. I'm gonna flat out O.D. on baseball today. Never watched 4 games before. Pitching duel so far in Baltimore. (yawn)

Edit: 10 seconds after I clicked "enter" Markakis blasts one OUT fo the O's!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Miggy just missed one... wow....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Damn that ball was crushed....

Offline Svengarlic

Damn that ball was crushed....
Which ball?!! God dammit! I took out the trash, checked the mail, come back and Detroit scored 5 runs!!!! How!!? In 10 damn minutes!??

Offline Shemp_Diesel

JD Martinez hit a 3 run homer which is the shot I was talking about, then Nick Castellanos hit a solo shot which basically chased the starter Chen from the game...

Offline Svengarlic

JD Martinez hit a 3 run homer which is the shot I was talking about, then Nick Castellanos hit a solo shot which basically chased the starter Chen from the game...
MY god...no time taken for pitching changes? That was crazy quick...... Very nice DP there, got MC by a cunt hair at 1B! This is my kinda game. More runs please!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

If Baltimore gets into that Detroit bullpen, then you may see a boatload of runs...

Offline Svengarlic

If Baltimore gets into that Detroit bullpen, then you may see a boatload of runs...

Offline Svengarlic

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yep, but Anibal Sanchez may be an upgrade over Joba and the rest of those hacks in the Tiger pen...

Offline Svengarlic

Yep, but Anibal Sanchez may be an upgrade over Joba and the rest of those hacks in the Tiger pen...
Yes...I've heard that name spoken plenty on Sports Center. My 1st real look at him.