Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Rockin' Thru the Rockies (1940)

metaldams · 32 · 16767

Offline archiezappa

I like this episode. Lots of funny bits. I love when Nell says "Where are those sun baked hams?" It almost sounds like she was going to say something the Hayes office would object to. I actually laughed out loud at that bit, while watching this episode this morning.

The guitar snowshoes are great. I hope those weren't Martin Guitars! And all that snow just makes me cold watching it.

The best line comes from Dorothy Appleby: "Sitting...bull!"

It's one of the better Curly shorts. Comedy gold!

Offline Dr. Mabuse

"Rockin' Thru the Rockies" remains a hilarious (if somewhat routine) two-reeler.  Curly is flat-out brilliant while Kathryn Sheldon makes a memorable Nell.  A pity that "Rockies" was Sheldon's only Stooge appearance.  Though an easy short to overlook among the riches of 1940, there are some classic set pieces (notably the ice-fishing sequence) and the pace never lets up.

8.5/10

Offline I. Cheatam

The best part is when Larry hands Moe the bucket of ice cubes and describes it as "hard water", then Moe pours them down Larry's pants after tricking him there was gold buried in the sand.

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

Another Curly showcase and very solid from start to finish.  I rank it #57 on my list.