Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Columbia shorts on DVD

Offline metaldams

With the Charley Chase shorts all now being released, I thought I'd try to figure out which collections contain Columbia shorts.  Basically, I have the eight volumes of Stooge shorts (190 shorts), the Buster Keaton shorts (10 shorts), the Stooge solo shorts (28 shorts), the two volumes of Charley Chase shorts (21 shorts), and the Collins/Kennedy short "Midnight Blunders," which appears on The Sam Katzman Collection.  By my count that's 250 shorts.  I seem to remember other shorts appearing but can't remember where, and since I can't find the info in any filmography on this site, would Brent or somebody else be kind enough to tell me if I'm forgetting any shorts?  Thanks.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Icons of Adventure [Hammer]
HOT PAPRIKA (1935), Andy Clyde

Icons of Screwball Comedy  Vol. One
AIN'T LOVE CUCKOO? (1946), Gus Schilling & Richard Lane

Offline metaldams

Icons of Adventure [Hammer]
HOT PAPRIKA (1935), Andy Clyde

Icons of Screwball Comedy  Vol. One
AIN'T LOVE CUCKOO? (1946), Gus Schilling & Richard Lane

Gracias.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline 2reelers

The El Brendel short PHONEY CRONIES is on one of the Legend dvds...drawing a blank as to which one that is on though

Offline metaldams

Thanks to both of you guys about the El Brendel short tip, which I had no clue about.  I have Swing Parade on VHS but now have extra incentive to get it on DVD.  I'm going to have to assume the El Brendel short is public domain.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Harry Langdon Columbia shorts would be great to see on DVD.
- Doug Sarnecky