Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Dizzy Doctors (1937)

metaldams · 32 · 14022

Offline Dr. Mabuse

I guess one of the great Unsolved Stooge Mysteries is who exactly dubbed Vernon Dent's voice for the line "Those are the birds who wrecked my car."

I believe it was Jules White.

https://columbiashortsdept.weebly.com/the-three-stooges.html

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I was amazed to discover I never reviewed this short, but I decided to see if my opinion had changed.

DIZZY DOCTORS has all the energy of its original base, MEN IN BLACK, with a straight Stooge flavor from start to finish.  We get great outdoor shots, some fun scenes of individual Stooges hawking the snake oil, and tandem chaos.  This has the pace, the constant humor, and the great acting of a classic short, and we're better off for having it.

10/10 [poke] [poke] [poke] [poke] [poke] [poke] [poke] [poke] [poke] [poke]
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Allen Champion

Just being redundant here (is anybody ever "dundant?") --a classic short, a Stooge Top Ten, proof that yes! The Three Stooges can be just as funny as Laurel and Hardy and the Marx Brothers!  An "Introduce Non Believers to the Stooges" winner!
"What do you know of the blood, sweat and toil of a theatrical production? Of the dedication of the men and the women in the noblest profession of them all?"

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

Looks like I'm in the minority yet again (no surprise).  While I've always found this one enjoyable, I just can't rate it as an all-time classic.  More smiles than belly laughs for me.

#92. Dizzy Doctors

Offline O.U. Gonga

If I recall correctly, this film marks the first time all three Stooges are married.

Offline Samurai

An all-time favorite. During my sophomore year in college, my roommate and I had recorded a few scenes from the Stooges, Slap Shot and Python...onto an audio cassette (well, it was the 80's).

The second half of this short was the Stooges contribution. Curly's la la la la cadence change amidst his failed dandruff remedy application was the clear highlight. If the dorm was a bit noisy at bedtime, on went the tape. Falling asleep laughing was a good way to go.