Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2013 NFL Thread

Offline Squirrelbait

Saw the thread for MLB, and couldn't resist posting this one.

With the regular season starting on Thursday, who do you see as the best teams around the league? Who do you view as overrated/underrated?

And of course, who do you root for? (I'll admit, I'm a die-hard Cheesehead!)
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

September, the start of football season & the pennant chases in MLB, is there a better time of the year?

As for the NFL, I'm a Steelers fan, but unless something monumental happens, like say a Broncos safety falls down & lets a Ravens receiver get behind him for a 70 yard bomb from Joe Flacco, I think Denver has to be the favorite to get to the Super Bowl from the AFC.

In the NFC, I have to think San Fran, Atlanta and maybe the Packers, if Green Bay has shored up their defensive woes. As great as Aaron Rodgers is, he can't do it all by himself.

And I'll go ahead & make what I consider is a bold prediction & say the Dallas Cowboys will make the playoffs.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

So far, a pretty tepid afternoon of NFL action, my Steelers only have 2 points vs. the Titans, WTF?!?  :o

Patriots are still the class of the AFC east, no shock there. It will be interesting to see with those 2 mutt divisions the Pats and Broncos play in, who ends up getting the home field in the playoffs.

Hope the afternoon games are better; Green Bay vs. San Fran should be a good one.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Squirrelbait

So far, a pretty tepid afternoon of NFL action, my Steelers only have 2 points vs. the Titans, WTF?!?  :o

Hope the afternoon games are better; Green Bay vs. San Fran should be a good one.

Sorry about the Steelers - it sounds like we're both disappointed tonight!

Colin Kaepernick and Anquan Boldin ran through our defense like it was a seive. What an embarrassment.  [banghead]

Right now I'm watching Victor Cruz doing his salsa dance after adding 7 points to the Giants' scoreboard.
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This Giants/Cowboys game has been ugly with a capital U....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well Squirrelbait, your Packers kicked ass today. The Skins got some garbage time points to make the score look a bit more respectable, but make no mistake that was an ass whoopin'.

Can't believe the trouble the Texans are having with the Titans. Looks like another year where Houston will be a quick out in the playoffs.

Watched a good game between the Colts & Dolphins, hope Sunday Night Football is better than last week.

Offline Squirrelbait

Well Squirrelbait, your Packers kicked ass today. The Skins got some garbage time points to make the score look a bit more respectable, but make no mistake that was an ass whoopin'.

Can't believe the trouble the Texans are having with the Titans. Looks like another year where Houston will be a quick out in the playoffs.

Watched a good game between the Colts & Dolphins, hope Sunday Night Football is better than last week.

So far Sunday Night Football hasn't been very exciting at all. Mother Nature has been the only one making big plays.  ;D

We've been waitin' all day for Sunday night - and it looks like we'll have to wait a while longer.

As far as the late games, the Manning Bowl was great - and Lions/Cardinals was pretty interesting too.

Anyway, hope your Steelers look better tomorrow night!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
As a Pats fan I've never been so uneasy about a 2-0 start in my life. With Tom Terrific we always have a chance, but we need these kids to step up more.

Were we watching the same DEN/NYG game? I seem to remember a blow out.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I was going to say it's fortunate the Pats play in the AFC East, but that division might be tougher than I originally thought. The Dolphins and Bills look like they might not go down quietly.

One good thing for the Pats, they play the hapless Bucs Sunday, so 3-0 should not be a problem.

Tonight's Chiefs/Eagles game should be a good one if you like offense; lord knows the Eagles can't play a lick of defense.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Great, classic grind 'em win by the Pats today, doing what they need to do to win. Is Brady the greatest QB of all time? It's subjective, but he gets my vote.

Do we have any NYG fans here? I'd love to revel in their atrocious start, but it's just so bad that you can't. 38-0 to the Carolina Panthers, yikes!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm not a Giants fan but I had them in my picks pool this week & that score really shocked me. And my Steelers look to be joining them in the 0-3 hole later tonight.

Squirrelbait, as I've said before, it's a shame Aaron Rodgers can't play defense.

Offline JazzBill

Well, the Bears stunk the field up today. Good luck to you Patriot fans tonight.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Do we have any NYG fans here? I'd love to revel in their atrocious start, but it's just so bad that you can't. 38-0 to the Carolina Panthers, yikes!

I was a Giants fan as a kid, but I just can't get into football anymore.  When I was a young man and walked ten miles in the snow in my stockinged feet, William "Refrigerator" Perry was considered a big guy, and he is, but now he's league average.  Add in the the post touchdown celebrations and the helmet to helmet barbarian behavior, and I just can't enjoy the game, and believe me, I've tried.  But hey, I know I'm in the minority, so to each their own.  Now that I've had my say, this upstart shall leave this thread and no longer darken everybody's towels.  Enjoy the season, everyone.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Squirrelbait

Well, the Bears stunk the field up today. Good luck to you Patriot fans tonight.

Watching the Patriots right now - they're leading 13-10 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

You can't kill those damn Patriots. I thought this would be Atlanta's night, but I also thought before the season the Steelers had a shot at the playoffs so that shows how much I know. Btw, the "Steel Curtain" moniker is officially dead. These are not my father's or grandfather's Steelers.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I certainly could have done without the scare at the end, but 4-0 is all that matters. You aren't the only one who thought Atlanta would win, in fact "experts" have been picking against the Pats all year (11 of the 13 ESPN "experts" chose the Falcons). With Brady and Belichick we are always in the game.

Offline Lefty

The biggest game of next week -- at least where I work -- is the Eagles vs. the Giants.  The loser of this game may end up better off.  Either way, I would still root for the Eagles against Los Gigantes.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The Giants are giving the Jaguars a run for their money for worst team in the NFL at the moment. I predict yet another ass-whipping for the Mooks in Blue.

Offline JazzBill

"experts" have been picking against the Pats all year (11 of the 13 ESPN "experts" chose the Falcons). With Brady and Belichick we are always in the game.

The Falcons were 2 point favorites. I didn't agree with that so I used the Pats in a confidence pool at work.   

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I think shemps#1 was right on the money about the G-Men giving the Jags a run for their money. I heard Mike Vick went down in that game & they still couldn't get a W. Right now, the Cowboys are shocking the world, beating the mighty Peyton Manning and the Broncos 17-7...

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Today was not the day to use the Pats in any confidence pool. Cincy's D came to play and just edged out the Pats.

Offline JazzBill

the Cowboys are shocking the world, beating the mighty Peyton Manning and the Broncos 17-7...

Not no more, Denver up by 8

Today was not the day to use the Pats in any confidence pool. Cincy's D came to play and just edged out the Pats.

I had them for 4, not too bad.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Defense is a word that does not apply to this Broncos/Cowboys game...

Offline JazzBill

Defense is a word that does not apply to this Broncos/Cowboys game...

LOL, You ain't kidding, what a slug fest.

Offline Squirrelbait

Texans look to be in a pretty sad state tonight too - the 49ers are running all over 'em.