Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3 Stooges Kids in 3 Little Pigskins

Offline Kopfy2013

Is there any film or any dialogue printed regarding the Stooge kids in 3 Little Pigskins?  I see pictures of them but what was the plot and is there any film available that has them in there?

Why was it cut ?  Time?  or felt not appropriate?
Niagara Falls

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Is there any film or any dialogue printed regarding the Stooge kids in 3 Little Pigskins?  I see pictures of them but what was the plot and is there any film available that has them in there?

Why was it cut ?  Time?  or felt not appropriate?

A facsimile reproduction of the script's final page is presented in The Three Stooges Book of Scripts...
ThreeStooges.net Bibliography

There is no documented reason for the change.  The film's final scene is a better ending, so it's a guess that it was purely an "artistic" decision.  Columbia did not retain deleted/unused footage... it was a budget-minded studio, and such film stock was returned for recycling to receive credit for the silver content of the nitrate material.

Offline Kopfy2013

Thanks. 

My next questions were:  Do we know who they were and are any still alive? ... but then I thought to look at the filmography and sure enough the filmography list the actors ... 'Little Larry' played in at least 9 'Our Gang' films and Little Curly played in 1.  And no, none of them are still alive unfortunately.

Little Curly was profiled in Stooge Journal #81.

This is such a great website.  A ton of information at our finger tips.
Niagara Falls