Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Symona Boniface sighting

Guest · 7 · 2110

Jimmie Adams

I would like to report a Symona Boniface sighting on TCM.  It is in a scene from Marion Davies' SHOW PEOPLE.  Its the scene where the newly famous Marion gets a call from lowly slapstick comedian William Haines.  Instead of going out with him, she goes out with her high-tone friends.  When they show up at her door, you can spot Symona.

The earliest thing I have seen her in is the Charley Chase comedy CARETAKER'S DAUGHTER (1925).  Believe it or not she is hot in this film IMHO.  All of her comedy chops were intact even then.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I figured that this was worthy of being a separate thread, and since you haven't risen to Grapehead yet, Jimmie, I've split it off for you.

Hmmm... maybe I should create a new board for cast member sightings.  That's one of my favorite pastimes.   ;D

Offline Baggie

Yeh, mine too. You're just sitting watching anything, and then you're like 'Damn he's in Pop Goes The Easel!' Recently I saw Phil Van Zandt in A Night In Casablanca (doing a god-awful French accent), and Gino Corrado and that Conklin guy in The Great Dictator. It's always fun to see them in something else...although that accent Van Zandt does is fairly disturbing.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Pilsner Panther

Here's one more "sighting." Charles Middleton, who appeared with the Stooges in "Uncivil Warriors" and "Spook Louder," is also in the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup," and he played Ming the Merciless in the long-running "Flash Gordon" 1930's-40's series of two-reel serials.

That seemed to get him typecast, since he went on to play the evil ruler of alien planets in B-grade sci-fi films well into the 1960's.

>:D

Offline Genius In the Lamp

• Unofficial genealogist of pretty blonde daughters of Canadian mining engineers
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
More supporting player sightings:

I just watched YOU CAN'T CHEAT AN HONEST MAN.  Ethelreda Leopold plays Phineas' (W.C. Fields' son) date at the beginning of the movie, while James C. Morton plays a judge toward the end.

And to keep on-subject with regard to Symona Boniface:  I found some information on her father, George Boniface Sr., who was a prominent stage actor in the 19th and early 20th Centuries (her half-brother George Jr. also followed in the family profession).  Early in his career, he was a member of the same theatre stock company as Edwin Adams, Joseph Jefferson ... and John Wilkes Booth.

One other useless Three Stooges supporting player/Civil War fact I can't fit anywhere else:  Christine McIntyre's great-grandfather was a member of the Wisconsin regiment that captured Jefferson Davis.
"I like very much your English punk rock stars, you know, your Lulu, your Dave Clark Five!"  - Jerzy Balowski

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
One other useless Three Stooges supporting player/Civil War fact I can't fit anywhere else:  Christine McIntyre's great-grandfather was a member of the Wisconsin regiment that captured Jefferson Davis.

Well, I won't hold that against her.   [duck]

Pilsner Panther

There is a definite "performing gene" that runs in some families, like the Horwitzes and the Keatons and the Marxes and the Barrymores.

Send Drew Barrymore over to my place right away, and I'll let you know how well she performs.

[censored]