Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Del Lords

Offline JazzBill

While looking for information on Del Lord, the name of this band caught my attention. I don't know if they named the band after the Del Lord that we know but I do like the song.

"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

While looking for information on Del Lord, the name of this band caught my attention. I don't know if they named the band after the Del Lord that we know but I do like the song.

I happened to watch a Bowery Boys film he directed, IN FAST COMPANY, the other night.  One of the better early Bowery Boys film based on what I've seen....and yes, the band did name themselves after arguably the best Stooge director.

Speaking of Del Lord, I'm just about to watch POP GOES THE EASEL and add it to the weekly episode forum.  Looking forward to seeing and discussing this one!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Speaking of Del Lord, I'm just about to watch POP GOES THE EASEL and add it to the weekly episode forum.  Looking forward to seeing and discussing this one!

That's why I was looking for information on him, I knew this was coming. Not a bad body of work for a used car salesman.

"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

That's why I was looking for information on him, I knew this was coming. Not a bad body of work for a used car salesman.

Cool man!   So far it looks like this weekly short thing is catching on, thank God.  A part of me thought this would only get three or four replies each, so it's nice to see enthusiasm and participation.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Speaking of Del Lord, here's a Sennett short he did with Andy Clyde, Bev Bevan, and an appearance by Vernon Dent.  Written by Felix Adler as well, along with some other non Stooge related guy named Frank Capra or something.

- Doug Sarnecky