Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Restless Knights (1935)

metaldams · 28 · 12570

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Not a bad two-reeler, but the pacing is surprisingly sluggish and the ending really falls flat. In terms of production values, utilizing the sets from Boris Karloff's "The Black Room" gives the short a big-budget feel. Despite some truly hilarious moments, one wishes "Restless Knights" had turned out better.  The Stooge debuts of Stanley Blystone and director Charles Lamont.

6.5/10

Offline metaldams

Not a bad two-reeler, but the pacing is surprisingly sluggish and the ending really falls flat. In terms of production values, utilizing the sets from Boris Karloff's "The Black Room" gives the short a big-budget feel. Despite some truly hilarious moments, one wishes "Restless Knights" had turned out better.  The Stooge debuts of Stanley Blystone and director Charles Lamont.

6.5/10

I never linked this short with THE BLACK ROOM, but it makes sense.  Both made at Columbia around the same time.  I’ll have to watch them back to back.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Daddy Dewdrop

Wow, lots of lukewarm responses to this one, which means (of course) I love it!  The wrestling scene alone is worth the price of admission.  I rank it #56 overall.