Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What comedy do you enjoy beyond the Stooges?

Offline stoogerascalfan62

Hal Roach talkie-era Our Gang-Little Rascals, Laurel and Hardy. South Park-in small doses, Family Guy-small doses too.

Offline Paul Allen

Two of my favorite comedians from the past that no one else has mentioned . . .
Jerry Lewis - (especially his solo films without Dean Martin)
Joe E. Brown

Offline middlenamewayne

Great Britain hasn't done much for the world.  But between Iron Maiden and Benny Hill I will forgive them!

As far as Maiden goes, "Black Bart Blues" and Bruce's intro to "Dive, Dive, Dive" (promo for his 1st solo album) are pretty damn funny. But "Mission From 'Arry" is most definitely their "Who's On First?" You can hear it on Youtube, but I've transcripted the funniest parts below.

- mnw

Steve: He did not deserve to get a bollocking at the time. All he's trying to do is relay a message from me toyou, right? And he went the wrong way about it, okay?
Nicko: Yeh, he *did* go the wrong way about it!
Steve: Well then!
Nicko: Well I'm, I, I, I, I tell you what...!
Bruce: I don't see where you get steamed, I mean...
Nicko: Why I got steamed up, Bruce, is because he fucked me right up! And I *knew* therewas a problem! I still didn't know what it was even after he... I, I fucked! I fucking fucked up!

Steve: I was shouting at ya, "look, my gear's gone down!"
Nicko: It's me that fucked-up.
Steve: Listen...
Nicko: I'm the one out there all on me own.
Steve: I know...
Nicko: I'm doing a drum solo And I've got a fuckin' talkin' to!

Steve: I'm the one, I'm 'a thinking, I've got fucking like a minute to go to get this fucking gear right.
Nicko: You're not standing there all on your fucking own having somebody try to get your attention and talk to you... I'm playin' a drum solo, and the guy's standing a yard, or two yards behind my drum riser goin' fucking "anga-yangna-baba"  "wha?"!  "BABA-BABA-BABA!" "WHAAAA???" Uhhhhh! By the time I've got that far, I'm fuckin totally fucked because I'm not paying attention to my gig!I'm paying attention to what he's trying to tell me!
Bruce: Yeah, but nobody woulda noticed.
Nicko: (stunned)  *I* noticed!!!

Steve: He's not like he's, fuckin', an asshole or an idiot, or anything like that.
Nicko: Oh no, but he was out of order, because he didn't...
Bruce: He wasn't out of order.
Nicko: He was!
Steve: He wasn't out of order: he was *wrong*!
Nicko: He was, 'cause if he'd come up to the fucking riser...
Steve: Nicko...
Nicko: Look...
Steve: Nicko...
Nicko: I COULDA FUCKIN HEARD HIM!!!

Steve: He was wrong. He made a mistake, but he wasn't out of order!
Bruce: It wasn't deliberate.
Nicko: Now, I know it ain't deliberate. I bollocked him 'cause he fucked me up! He was *wrong*.
Bruce: No, he *wasn't* wrong.
Nicko: He *was*!
Steve: He wasn't wrong!
Steve: I don't wanna fuckin argue about this, it's fucking stupid... I think *you're* out of order, honestly!
Nicko: Bollocks! Oh!!! I am *not* out of order!!!!!
Steve: You are! Your *attitude* is out of order!
Nicko: No it ain't!
Steve: It is.
Nicko: No it ain't! The guy fucked me up!
Steve: I know he did.
Nicko: Well then *that's* out of order!!!

Nicko: What do you mean "He made a mistake"?
Steve: Because I...
Nicko: How did he make a mistake?
Steve: Well, he made the mistake by not sending Bill first, right?
Nicko: Well, why...
Bruce: There's a difference between making a mistake and making a human error.
Nicko: Right, so he made a mistake, right?
Steve: Yeah.
Nicko: And I'm griefed up cause he fuckin' made *me* make a mistake.
Steve: Aw, I'm not gonna argue about it.
Nicko: Right? Fuck my old boots!

Bruce: What happens if the lighting truss is gonna fall down on your head?
Nicko: Well then somebody drags me out of the fuckin' way, or else I'm dead, right?
Bruce: Yeah, but don't, I mean, you know...
Steve: I think your attitude is *totally* fucking out of order.
Nicko: No it ain't! No it ain't!
Steve: Yes it is...
Nicko: No it ain't! If I'd have known... now I'm the fuckin' cunt all of a sudden!

Nicko: The guy was wrong to have fuckin' done what he done. He was outta fuckin' order!
Bruce: He's *not*!  if I fucking go and tell somebody to do something, he goes "No, fuck off! I'm
not gonna do that", *then* he's out of order!
Nicko: I'm not concerned with, with, with, with, with other people that can't fucking talk to me on stage, who don't know how to fucking communicate with me.
Bruce: But he's *not* out of order trying to *do* it!
Nicko: He did not know how to communicate with me...
Steve: (shocked) Some cunt's recording thi... (click!)

Offline metaldams

Steve: I'm the one, I'm 'a thinking, I've got fucking like a minute to go to get this fucking gear right.
Nicko: You're not standing there all on your fucking own having somebody try to get your attention and talk to you... I'm playin' a drum solo, and the guy's standing a yard, or two yards behind my drum riser goin' fucking "anga-yangna-baba"  "wha?"!  "BABA-BABA-BABA!" "WHAAAA???" Uhhhhh! By the time I've got that far, I'm fuckin totally fucked because I'm not paying attention to my gig!I'm paying attention to what he's trying to tell me!
Bruce: Yeah, but nobody woulda noticed.
Nicko: (stunned)  *I* noticed!!!

That whole thing's classic, but the above bit is my favorite part, especially the end.  The two funniest things about this are only Iron Maiden would release a backstage argument as a b-side, and secondly, thirty years after the argument, these guys are still playing together! 
- Doug Sarnecky