Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ray Manzarek, RIP

vomit · 6 · 1703

Offline vomit

Ray Manzarek, 74, RIP.   A true great.  A legend is gone; thought the people who appreciate good music on here.......would like to have him memorialized:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/20/showbiz/music/ray-manzaerk-the-doors-dies

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190207
Specto Caelum!

Offline metaldams

Yes, I did hear about this.  Jeff Hanneman of Slayer died a few weeks back and that hit me REALLY hard because I've been into Slayer going back to high school, plus he was only 49.  Trevor Bolder, a bassist for several groups but most famously during David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust period died today as well.  Hanneman was too young and died a rock death of cirrohsis, but the rest of them?  Just guys in their 60's and 70's passing of natural causes.  Get used to it, because it's going to be sad for fans of older rock bands these next few years.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline vomit

Yes, I did hear about this.  Jeff Hanneman of Slayer died a few weeks back and that hit me REALLY hard because I've been into Slayer going back to high school, plus he was only 49.  Trevor Bolder, a bassist for several groups but most famously during David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust period died today as well.  Hanneman was too young and died a rock death of cirrohsis, but the rest of them?  Just guys in their 60's and 70's passing of natural causes.  Get used to it, because it's going to be sad for fans of older rock bands these next few years.

Yeah, Hanneman had me all scairt as well.  I do like Slayer.  But man, oh man, the ONLY Band better than Iron Maiden is the Doors.  And now, it's a done deal.  All I can say, is, I will always have the music til they burn me up.  Good times.  Let it roll......
Specto Caelum!

Offline metaldams

Yeah, Hanneman had me all scairt as well.  I do like Slayer.  But man, oh man, the ONLY Band better than Iron Maiden is the Doors.  And now, it's a done deal.  All I can say, is, I will always have the music til they burn me up.  Good times.  Let it roll......

Yup, the music never dies.  What I said is corny, but it's oh so true.

Did you blast some old Maiden when Clive Burr passed?  I had BEAST OVER HAMMERSMITH in the car a week straight.

As far as The Doors go, I never got into them like I should.  Don't know what it is, but this remixing of the catalogue makes it more intimidating for a guy like me who is open to hearing more but wants to hear it the way it originally was.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

A legend.... so many great songs, but here's a few

Offline vomit

Yup, the music never dies.  What I said is corny, but it's oh so true.

Did you blast some old Maiden when Clive Burr passed?  I had BEAST OVER HAMMERSMITH in the car a week straight.

As far as The Doors go, I never got into them like I should.  Don't know what it is, but this remixing of the catalogue makes it more intimidating for a guy like me who is open to hearing more but wants to hear it the way it originally was.

I listened to "Number of the Beast" for about a week.  Woe is us.  A lot of greats gone in a few months.

If you are new to the Doors, I will recommend two albums: self-titled Debut & LA Woman.  Both great.  And if you can, buy the 2007 reissues.  They tweaked the sound and they rock.  One has their psychedelic High and the other is hardcore Blues & rock n Roll.  Cannot say enough good stuff about either.
Specto Caelum!