Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Introduction to the weekly episode discussions

Dunrobin · 893 · 176335

Offline metaldams

Very busy weekend coming, hanging out with not one, not two, but three groups of friends.  No doubt this tarnishes my hard earned reputation as a crazed recluse.  Aiming for late Friday night/early Saturday morning for the Stooge review and Sunday morning for Laurel and Hardy, but ultimately they will happen when they happen.  For you Stooge fans not checking out the Laurel and Hardy reviews, it's a Stooge history lesson this week, as THE LAUREL-HARDY MURDER CASE is the original IF A BODY MEETS A BODY.  Check it out, but not before watching last week's HOG WILD, a genuine masterpiece.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Very busy weekend coming, hanging out with not one, not two, but three groups of friends.  No doubt this tarnishes my hard earned reputation as a crazed recluse.  Aiming for late Friday night/early Saturday morning for the Stooge review and Sunday morning for Laurel and Hardy, but ultimately they will happen when they happen.  For you Stooge fans not checking out the Laurel and Hardy reviews, it's a Stooge history lesson this week, as THE LAUREL-HARDY MURDER CASE is the original IF A BODY MEETS A BODY.  Check it out, but not before watching last week's HOG WILD, a genuine masterpiece.

No worries Metal--I don't think I have much to add about this week's stooge short anyway. What I'm really looking forward to is next week when--dare I say--we enter what I would call the "Golden Age" of Shemp shorts.....

:)
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

The BE BIG! review has been edited in.  Looking forward to possible counter opinions, and even you souls who agree.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

Starting this week, the Laurel and Hardy reviews will be moved to Monday nights.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Well, a streak is about to end.  I plan on taking a week off from reviewing.  I've been doing this non stop for years, am going through some personal stuff, and just need a week off.  Planning to come back refreshed a week from this Monday with the next Laurel and Hardy short and then starting in 1952 for the Stooges.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Kopfy2013

Get recharged, get re-energized. I really appreciate the effort and output of these reviews.  Very well done.  Take your time, come back when the time is right.
Niagara Falls

Offline metaldams

Get recharged, get re-energized. I really appreciate the effort and output of these reviews.  Very well done.  Take your time, come back when the time is right.

I appreciate it Kopfy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

My A MISSED FORTUNE review is now edited in, check it out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

The Laurel and Hardy HELPMATES review has been edited in.  Do yourself a favor if you haven't followed the Laurel and Hardy stuff.  Click on the link below, watch the link I provided above the review, and enjoy.  An all-time classic.

http://moronika.com/forums/index.php/topic,5639.0.html
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

LISTEN, JUDGE review now up; and CORNY CASANOVAS will definitely be the day after Christmas, meaning Saturday, so don't expect the review page before then.  I think most of us, myself included, will be busy this Friday.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeatleShemp

Hi Metaldams, how come I can't look at the older posts? The board only goes to four pages, so I can't read the previous shorts.

Offline metaldams

Hi Metaldams, how come I can't look at the older posts? The board only goes to four pages, so I can't read the previous shorts.

There are four pages worth of reviews, nothing more than that.  They're all there.  Was there one you were looking for you couldn't find?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeatleShemp

Nevermind. I found it.  Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

Offline metaldams

Nevermind. I found it.  Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.

No need to apologize, I'm just thrilled people such as yourself are referencing old threads.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

First off, next Stooge review a few hours after I type this.

Secondly, my apologies to those who are into it, but I am now going to stop the Laurel and Hardy reviews.  It's a combination of two reviews a week being a bit much and the response to the Laurel and Hardy reviews have been minimal as of late.  I'm glad Paul Payne became a fan and thanks to those who read and those who posted, but my energies will be strictly Stooges as far as reviews go.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Not surprised.  Keep up the great work.

When THE MUSIC BOX can't get a discussion, it's time to pack it in...and thanks. Doing one review a week now, the energy levels should be higher.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Seamus

As a mostly-lurker, I really enjoyed your L&H reviews while they lasted anyway.  I'd hoped to participate more frequently but started falling behind on my weekly L&H viewing because I'm terrible at keeping to a schedule, even a low-commitment schedule like one short a week (only just now watched COME CLEAN, which you reviewed weeks ago).

Offline metaldams

As a mostly-lurker, I really enjoyed your L&H reviews while they lasted anyway.  I'd hoped to participate more frequently but started falling behind on my weekly L&H viewing because I'm terrible at keeping to a schedule, even a low-commitment schedule like one short a week (only just now watched COME CLEAN, which you reviewed weeks ago).

Thanks Seamus.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

On a personal level, I'm now watching Laurel and Hardy films in order back to back instead of once a week.  It's been a marathon this weekend, probably watching seven or eight shorts and one feature....and the weekend's not through.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Seamus

Must be liberating to cut loose on them without having to regulate your viewing for a weekly review. 

The weekly discussions set me on course to watch L&H in order again myself, but in opposite-of-a-marathon fashion (like one every couple weeks).  They're competing with the other in-order viewing projects I have going on - MST3K, Rockford Files, Kolchak (really keeping my finger on the pulse of the modern TV landscape, clearly) - not to mention Neflix and TCM stuff. 

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Hopefully sometime soon I can get around to watching the Laurel and Hardy shorts so that maybe we can get the ship sailing again!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Time sure does fly, don't it? Seems like just yesterday, the weekly discussions started with Woman Haters.

I've never attempted to ever watching the stooges in chronological order, just knowing that it would not be too long before I got to "the back of Joe Palma's head" and Joe Besser. Metal, you have my sympathies in the weeks to come.

:D
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.