Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

I Came Out of the Closet on Valentine's Day

Dunrobin · 60 · 14248

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
On the being bullied thing...I'm straight, but I'm honestly surprised I was almost never bullied for my disabilities (Asperger's and a crooked smile).  There were these annoying boys on the bus in first grade who used to "bully" me, and I used to feel hurt, but I'm sure if I met them now, they'd regret it.  Kids, you know.

On the Christian thing...curlyb, I'm Catholic, and it IS possible to be gay, happy AND living a life devoted to God.  Rob is living proof.  Most of the homophobia by the WBC and other "Christians" stems from a Jewish law.  If you follow Christ, you're not a Jew.  Just FYI.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Larrys#1

I don't like it when overly religious people make people ashamed of sinning and make it seem like they're going to hell if they die with a sin on their soul. We all sin everyday and if anyone says they don't sin.... well, they are sinning at that moment for lying and saying they don't sin. ;) Even saints have sinned, except for Mary; she was an exception as she was born without sin. Saints have sinned but died and went straight to heaven because of the good they've brought into the world. Religion pushes things too far by making it seem as if we must be perfect and that is my gripe about religion and why I doubt its teachings sometimes.

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
I don't like it when overly religious people make people ashamed of sinning and make it seem like they're going to hell if they die with a sin on their soul. We all sin everyday and if anyone says they don't sin.... well, they are sinning at that moment for lying and saying they don't sin. ;) Even saints have sinned, except for Mary; she was an exception as she was born without sin. Saints have sinned but died and went straight to heaven because of the good they've brought into the world. Religion pushes things too far by making it seem as if we must be perfect and that is my gripe about religion and why I doubt its teachings sometimes.
All of this, except for the last sentence.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Larrys#1

All of this, except for the last sentence.

Oops... was my last sentence factually incorrect?  :-[

curly b

Yes, gay and happy - of course it's possible, in spite of bigoted jackasses who try to make life miserable for others.

I agree with your statements about sin, in that the Bible makes it clear that (1) everybody has sinned, and (2) God views all sins as being equally wrong, and I thank God every day that He has saved us from our sins.  Where we may disagree is that I do not believe that homosexuality is a sin.  I don't believe that God ever says that it is, and that the (literally) handful of verses (out of over 31,000!) in the Bible used by hateful people to condemn gays are being taken out of context, thus they are guilty of perverting the Word of God.  (See the two attachments for more information.)

So no, I don't "hate (you) because (you're) blessed and a Christian;" I am, too.  I won't hate you even if you are a bigoted, Pharisaical jackass posing as a Christian, like those "Westboro Baptist Church" twits, but I won't allow anyone to push homophobia on my site, so be forewarned.

Interesting...  The Westboro folks to my knowledge hold sign's saying "God hates Gay's".  I said God hate's nobody but hate's sin.  I didn't specify if homosexuality was a sin or not and I will leave that up to you and God.  I know I have plenty of sin that i'm purging from my life.  I honestly have never been called a Pharisee...  Interesting

Galatians 5:19-21 in the New Testament NIV version says "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery: idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy: drunkenness, orgies, and the like.  I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."      Every time I read this it freaks me out because we all know we practice some of these things. :(

curly b

If anyone was offended I offer my honest apology.  I was simply stating that God is love and hate's nobody. With that, Hey this is a Three Stooges site, correct?  Very diligent information at that!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

Gay and happy, How is that possible?  LOL    God doesn't hate anyone, he hate's the SIN, and we all sin.  In God's mind, murder is the same as lying or stealing. PERIOD...   It is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and our proclaiming him as our Lord and Savior.  We should repent of all sin as quickly as we realize we did it and strive to rid ourselves of it as we grow in Christ, and continue to praise and worship God.         Don't hate me because i'm blessed and a Christian. LOL

I hate you because you're a pompous jackass and all-around fuckwad who wants to impose his mystical values on everyone else. On top of that, you are an intolerant sack of shit who wants to use his bullshit religion as an excuse to hate. So you don't like homosexuality, there are two things you can do: not have gay sex and be upfront and wave your hateful freak flag. As a bonus you can take your Christianity, your Jesus and your Bible and shove them up your ass where your head obviously is.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
Oops... was my last sentence factually incorrect?  :-[
Not at all; I realize now that, being religious, I just overreacted slightly.  I re-read it and realized it's a perfectly normal thing to struggle with, I myself struggling with it sometimes, and so I apologize.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Larrys#1

Not at all; I realize now that, being religious, I just overreacted slightly.  I re-read it and realized it's a perfectly normal thing to struggle with, I myself struggling with it sometimes, and so I apologize.

Apology not necessary. I was only concerned that I might've said something wrong. 

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
There was a glitch in the framework's code base that was causing the rejections.  I updated the framework code, and tested it out Sunday on the Journal page with some success.  I'll try to make some time later today to make sure that it really is working correctly, and if that is the case I can start copying the code over to the other sections this weekend.

As a "thank you" incentive... Man Killed by Beaver.

I'm sure you'll figure a way to have some fun with that.