Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

episode ratings...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Hi Dunrobin, just wanted to know when we will be able to rate and review episodes again? Just visited the page for "Where the Pest Begins" and I couldn't vote on it.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline falsealarms

I had no problem doing it. You need to click on the fingers, then a pop up window comes up, and you select your rating from the drop down menu there. Make sure you allow pop-ups from threestooges.net.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah false, I'm getting the pop-up window, but when I put in my vote nothing happens & I don't see anywhereon the page where you can leave a new comment. Maybe I'm not allowed to for some odd reason?!?

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline falsealarms

I think some of the functions are still in the process of being enabled.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
What false just said. 

The upload process wasn't smooth, and I'm finding some settings, etc., that I need to fix.   (For example, I just noticed that the Smileys are missing.) Just bear with me, gang. 

Offline Shemp_Diesel

No problems Rob. Glad the site is up & running again...

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hey guys - out of curiosity, were either of you using IE for your browser?

I looked at this in Chrome and I wasn't having any trouble with it at all, and it seemed to work fine in Firefox, but when I tried it in IE I realized that the browser would only show you the cached page when you went back to the ratings view after voting, making it look as though your rating didn't take.  I added a couple of tags to the popup window to make the browser pull a fresh updated page from the server each time it loads the page, which should have eliminated that problem.

Please let me know if you're still having issues.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Hey guys - out of curiosity, were either of you using IE for your browser?

I looked at this in Chrome and I wasn't having any trouble with it at all, and it seemed to work fine in Firefox, but when I tried it in IE I realized that the browser would only show you the cached page when you went back to the ratings view after voting, making it look as though your rating didn't take.  I added a couple of tags to the popup window to make the browser pull a fresh updated page from the server each time it loads the page, which should have eliminated that problem.

Please let me know if you're still having issues.

Rob, apparently IE is the issue. I tried changing my rating for "Hold That Ghost" on Explorer & it didn't take but Chrome is working just fine.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Rob, apparently IE is the issue. I tried changing my rating for "Hold That Ghost" on Explorer & it didn't take but Chrome is working just fine.

Damn - IE is still doing that?  I thought those extra HTML tags would do the trick.

Could you do me a favor when you get a chance?  Try clearing out your IE browsers cache, then visit the site again and see if you're still getting the same problem.  Also, which version of IE do you use?  (IE 8, 9, 10?)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The problem appears to be fixed. I just rated Africa Screams, btw Rob I'm using IE 9....

Offline metaldams

The problem appears to be fixed. I just rated Africa Screams, btw Rob I'm using IE 9....

Now THAT'S a movie I haven't watched in a while that I'd like to see again.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline QuinceHead

Is there any reason why the emoticon selections aren't showing up while I'm typing in replies??  :/

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Is there any reason why the emoticon selections aren't showing up while I'm typing in replies??  :/

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Yes, there is.  Unfortunately I still don't know what that is.  [grin]

The Bulletin Board Code formatting buttons are showing either.  There is a JavaScript error somewhere; either a file is missing, messed up or is conflicting with another one.  I can see what the error is in my developer tools, but I haven't been able to isolate what's causing it yet.

Offline Larrys#1

The emoticon shows up if you type it manually. See.... :D

Offline QuinceHead

The emoticon shows up if you type it manually. See.... :D

Which is all well and fine, provided that you know the code for the more complicated emoticons... ;)

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Which is all well and fine, provided that you know the code for the more complicated emoticons... ;)

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

I was about to post a link to a list of smileys as a temporary stop gap when I stumbled across the solution to the missing smileys and forum formatting buttons.  It you still don't see them when you go to make a post, try reloading the page before you start writing to make your browser fetch an updated copy of the script file.

Offline Larrys#1

I see it. It works.... or should I say, it woiks!  ;D

Offline QuinceHead

I see it. It works.... or should I say, it woiks!  ;D

So it does -- so it does!
[notworthy]
[dance]
[occasion18]

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead