Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The mystery charactor actor

Offline Whoa Moe

In the last few years I have become very interested in spotting bit players in old films and TV. Also spotting players in obscure roles that went on to become huge stars. The latest was catching Ryan O'neal on Dobie Gillis 2 days ago with only a couple of lines of dialog.

Seeing Hugh Beaumont, for example, and actors of his ilk in in  B pictures from the 40's is pretty cool, and tonite I caught Miss Kitty in a dud called "Robin Crusoe". I had NEVER seen her in anything exept the Long Branch saloon. Amanda acually had top billing in this dog of a movie!

But I digress. There is an odd little man that was in tons of flicks and some TV that I'm very curious about. He was a very creepy little middled aged knome with a simply horrid, breathy, almost panting speaking voice. I had not seen him for some years when last week he was on "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" as a Bishop's assistant.

I could not wait for the ending credits so I could get his name, but they rolled by too fast and the names of the players were listed w/o the names of the roles they played! I can recall only one huge movie that he was in, a movie that everyone has seen 10 times: "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

Unfortunately he is not listed in the movie credits on IMB. He was in 2 very brief scenes, the most memorable the one were Butch and Sundance were in the whorehouse, confident that their lookout, the little man, had them covered. But at one point they pushed the curtain aside to look outside and the camera zoomed down to show him with a gun to his head and pointing right at their window.

I know that isn't much, but it's the best I can come up with. If anyone knows who the hell I'm talking about I will be all ears. Of course, I would not be surprised if Metal knows exactly who I'm talking about w/o any research at all!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Whoa Moe

Good grief Mr. aStooge....that was quick! Thanks a bunch. Gonna go look him up for a couple of hours. ;)

Offline archiezappa

I don't know if you like the Monkees, but he appears as a telegram delivery boy in "Head."  Here is a picture of him at the door of the Monkees pad with Peter Tork.

Offline Whoa Moe

I used to watch them even tho' they were not funny or especially good music makers. That little man was in a jillion things.....but I don't remember him in any horror movies,which he would have been a natural for with his shaky hands, hunchback and creepy voice!