Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

HELLO POP Has Been Found!

BeAStooge · 118 · 38323

Linked Events

• HELLO POP Big Screen Unveiling, NYC Film Forum: September 29, 2013 - September 30, 2013

Offline Squirrelbait

Yes, when is this getting released on DVD? This is getting ridiculous.

I agree, it's taking forever. To quote Eddie Haskell, "Come on Gertrude, time's a wastin'"!
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Mark The Shark

You may want to consider contacting them via their Facebook page. If someone posts a question to their wall, they are usually pretty good about answering it. And if the film/show in question is one with "elements" or "rights" issues, they usually will be upfront and mention it. They have someone who actually looks into this stuff and responds in a timely manner. Maybe you'd get a better answer than just by e-mailing them.

Just a thought.

Just for the heck of it, I decided to fire off an e-mail to Warner Archive about this very subject - I've copied it below.

Thank you for your interest in the Warner Archive. We're thrilled to be offering many titles from the Warner Bros vaults that were never before released on DVD. While we can't comment on release plans for specific titles, we can tell you that each month, more and more films and TV series will be made available. To be notified as new titles become available, you can sign up for our mailing list here:

https://registration.warnerbros.com/se4gh/MainPage.html

Just check the box at the bottom to receive updates specifically on the Warner Archive. Thank you for visiting us, and we hope that you'll check out some of the titles we're currently offering, and check back soon to see more.

Regards,
Kelsey

www.WBshop.com
1-866-373-4389
Monday-Friday 8:00 am 8:00 pm EST
Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST

Customer feedback

Would it ever be possible for you to release 'Hello Pop', the long-lost Three Stooges short in the near future?

On behalf of myself, and other die-hard Stooge fans, we'd love to finally see it.

Warner Bros - WBShop.com | 4000 Warner Blvd | Burbank, CA 91522 | United States

And notice how I made reference to 'other die-hard Stooge fans', or as they're more commonly known, YOU GUYS! [pie]

Offline AbridgedPause

I too am very eager to see this! A DVD set would be amazing.

Offline Squirrelbait

You may want to consider contacting them via their Facebook page. If someone posts a question to their wall, they are usually pretty good about answering it. And if the film/show in question is one with "elements" or "rights" issues, they usually will be upfront and mention it. They have someone who actually looks into this stuff and responds in a timely manner. Maybe you'd get a better answer than just by e-mailing them.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the heads up Mark - I just posted it on there now!
https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive?ref=br_tf
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Squirrelbait

Thanks for the heads up Mark - I just posted it on there now!
https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive?ref=br_tf

Here's a reply:

"I thought at one point they said it would be included in a Stooges at MGM set they were going to release. It was mentioned long ago and we haven't heard anything since. Hopefully that set is still in the works :)"

Too bad we couldn't get a petition or something together so they'd get moving.

Offline Squirrelbait

Sorry to keep throwing this into everyone's face, but here's a reply straight from Warner Archive themselves. It sounds like a Stooge short DVD set is in the works, it's just a question of how long will we have to wait.

I really hope they'll include 'Roast Beef And Movies' on there too, despite that there is only one Stooge instead of the usual three.

Anyway, here it is:

Warner Archive Collection commented on your post.
Warner Archive Collection wrote:
"We will release a collection of MGM Stooges shorts, remastered, including HELLO POP. We do not have any date to announce at this time."

It's okay. I can wait. I just keep mumbling to myself, "I will not become obsessed - I will not become obsessed - I will not become obsessed"

Offline Mark The Shark

Sorry to keep throwing this into everyone's face, but here's a reply straight from Warner Archive themselves. It sounds like a Stooge short DVD set is in the works, it's just a question of how long will we have to wait.

I really hope they'll include 'Roast Beef And Movies' on there too, despite that there is only one Stooge instead of the usual three.

Anyway, here it is:

Warner Archive Collection commented on your post.
Warner Archive Collection wrote:
"We will release a collection of MGM Stooges shorts, remastered, including HELLO POP. We do not have any date to announce at this time."

It's okay. I can wait. I just keep mumbling to myself, "I will not become obsessed - I will not become obsessed - I will not become obsessed"

I would hope "Roast Beef" is there too, but if not, I can live with that, since it and "Plane Nuts" were released as extras with "Dancing Lady." It would be awesome if "Jailbirds Of Paradise" could show up, but what are the odds? (I hope they're not waiting for that to happen before releasing the collection, unless they know something I don't know!)

Offline Svengarlic

When I opened this thread and read of this restoration and impending release I almost jumped out of my chair. But after reading the entire 1st page I saw that it was a year old.

So what's the 411 now?

Offline Squirrelbait

When I opened this thread and read of this restoration and impending release I almost jumped out of my chair. But after reading the entire 1st page I saw that it was a year old.

So what's the 411 now?

NAAAATHING!

I really wish we could get them to hurry up somehow...too bad we couldn't start a petition or all write to them on their Facebook page and let them know how much we are all looking forward to this.

Otherwise, I might just die of old age before anything happens.  ;D

Offline Larrys#1

Had I known they were not going to release this, I would've crawled to the ends of the earth just to see it in the theater. But I didn't because I thought it was coming out on DVD. They shouldn't have said that they were going to release it on DVD if they weren't...

ThumpTheShoes

I thought this would've had a premiere on TCM by now.. I'd like to see it instead of, oh, the umpteenth airing of the heavily edited Johnny Carson interview with Jimmy Stewart. He liked to fly a plane to "nowhere", and his wife could drive faster than he could fly, yadda-yadda.

Not that I have a problem with the Carson stuff (I'd rather see the whole shows unedited!) or seeing "It Happened One Night" shown (what seems like) every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, but maybe TCM could rotate the stock a little?

Mini-rant, yes. But steeped in truth.

Offline metaldams

Guys, I'm sure it will be released eventually.  With the made to order DVR thing being pretty popular and the fact that The Three Stooges, to my knowledge, still sell, I'm sure they're waiting for the right moment to release some long lost film.  What Warners considers the right moment and what you or I might consider the right moment may vary.  They're releasing tons of little b films, I'm sure HELLO POP will find a similar release.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline middlenamewayne

Guys, I'm sure it will be released eventually. 

Unfortunately, this single short is as about as release-friendly as the Disney/Dali oddity "Destino". Reminds me of when WB was issuing their sporadically-produced new theatrical cartoons on VHS a few years back -- for each new cartoon, you hadda buy a tape with 6 LT/MMs that had already been released in a zillion orders and manners...

- mnw

Offline metaldams

Unfortunately, this single short is as about as release-friendly as the Disney/Dali oddity "Destino". Reminds me of when WB was issuing their sporadically-produced new theatrical cartoons on VHS a few years back -- for each new cartoon, you hadda buy a tape with 6 LT/MMs that had already been released in a zillion orders and manners...

- mnw

It would have to be issued with other films, no way you can justifiably package a 15 or 20 minute short as a stand alone.  Hopefully it will be in a good scenario instead of the WB scenario you mention where double dipping would be necessary,

Truthfully, I'd be happy if it just showed up on YouTube.  I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but more an interesting curio.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

It would have to be issued with other films, no way you can justifiably package a 15 or 20 minute short as a stand alone.  Hopefully it will be in a good scenario instead of the WB scenario you mention where double dipping would be necessary,

Truthfully, I'd be happy if it just showed up on YouTube.  I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but more an interesting curio.

I have more than a couple Stooge items that came with the 4 public domain shorts. 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Squirrelbait

It was released on this date in 1933 (09/16).

Just a random thought.... ::)

Offline falsealarms

It was released on this date in 1933 (09/16).

Just a random thought.... ::)

It would have been fitting if Warner Archive released it this week. I really expected the MGM shorts to be released by now.

Offline Squirrelbait

It would have been fitting if Warner Archive released it this week. I really expected the MGM shorts to be released by now.

Me too! I really want to see them. As somebody else mentioned, I wonder if they could be waiting for Jailbirds Of Paradise to turn up somewhere....

It's kind of the same thing with the Avatar sequels....we know they're coming, just a question of when.