Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2012 NFL Thread...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, we're a little late in the season but I thought we should have a football thread. The playoff push is upon us and right now it seems like there is no clear cut favorite for the Super Bowl.

A few weeks ago, I thought Houston was the team to beat, then they got dismantled on Monday Night plus they got smoked by Green Bay, so the Texans have a lot to prove in the playoffs before I start to believe in them again.

In the NFC, it seems like a complete tossup. The Falcons are another team that I'm not sold on yet, the Giants might not get into the playoffs. San Fran looked great for 2 1/2 quarters, then blew a 28 point lead before hanging on. Green Bay might be the team to beat, provided they can get healthy.

As for my Steelers, I'm afraid it may be a lost cause, although if Baltimore tanks the last two games on their schedule and the Steelers win out, the playoffs may be possible, one can hope.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
9ers have been doing well this year, surprisingly beating my Patriots last night 38-31.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Falcons are torching the Lions, can't say I'm surprised. These Falcons are almost convincing me they might do some damage in the playoffs... almost.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The Falcons are torching the Lions, can't say I'm surprised. These Falcons are almost convincing me they might do some damage in the playoffs... almost.
I watched the first half last night, saw where the game was going then went back to catching up on Dexter. Should be a few interesting games on today though.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, Big Ben just threw another game away. No playoffs for my Steelers this year.   >:(   Houston layed a big egg today & that all important Number 1 seed could be the Broncos for the taking, provided they get it done against Cleveland.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Houston still controls their own destiny for the #1 seed, and the Pats are still up for it should Denver and Houston lose next week. Washington/Dallas will be the final game of the season Sunday night.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, it's official; with the Bears win today, the Giants are eliminated from playoff contention, meaning we will have a new Super Bowl champion. 

The Texans look like the biggest fraud going into the postseason. From #1 all the way down to #3 depending on what the Pats & Broncos do today.