Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Maha (Aha! Yogi (Bear!!!)

Offline middlenamewayne

Just a warning -- I've always thought that Cartoon Network oughtta animate the Three Stooges Meet Yogi Bear LP (couldn't be worse than what H-B already DID to the Stooges!)

Well, I looked up the director of a short film I was in years ago, and it turns out he's with a biz called goanimate.com now. It's an "anyone can be an animator!" type of deal, and he's setting me up with a deluxe registration.

One of the first things I hope to do with the goanimate setup is work up a short Stooges/Yogi test scene. And of course, youse guys will be the first to see it -- if it doesn't turn out to be an em-bear-assing "boo-boo"!

-- mnw

PS: I assume the audio of the LP can still be found to download online with a simple search?

ThumpTheShoes

I wanna see what you do with it even if it doesn't turn out right. Sounds cool as can be!

If you can't find mp3's, it is on Y'all-Tube:

Offline middlenamewayne

Ooh! I'd almost forgotten that Spumco (the Ren & Stimpy people) have made a couple of Yogi Bear cartoons and also produced a slew of preliminary drawings for a proposed Three Stooges cartoon series. These could make for some good "swipe file" materials:

-- mnw

ThumpTheShoes

Looking at those models and thinking about Spumco's past output.. There really was too much focus on dirty, pimply butts and bad complexions. Especially when thinking back to John K's Clampett-esque closeup drawings, which could be rather unpleasant.