Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Disney Buys Lucas Film

Offline Curly4444

I just heard Disney bought Lucas Films for something like 4.2 billion dollars. Lucas said he's handing the franchise over to a new generation of film makers. Its reported Disney is working on episode 7 i think? I almost shit my pants when i heard.  ;D ;D

ThumpTheShoes

Hmmm.. And people thought Lucas made too many changes to Star Wars over the years? Wait 'till the Mouse gets hold of those pictures. Look out for new episodes featuring cookie-cutter teen heartthrobs in sappy musical numbers, with rapping and pop culture references galore.

And if we're lucky, a fart joke or two (read: The Muppets).

Offline Curly4444

Hmmm.. And people thought Lucas made too many changes to Star Wars over the years? Wait 'till the Mouse gets hold of those pictures. Look out for new episodes featuring cookie-cutter teen heartthrobs in sappy musical numbers, with rapping and pop culture references galore.

And if we're lucky, a fart joke or two (read: The Muppets).

Why so negative? Disney's made some good movies. I think it would be stupid of them to do that. I would think they'd know star wars fans are fanatical and want a serious tone star wars like the dark knight. I mean you do that and they'll rake in the cash. I'm just happy 7,8,and 9 will get made. I mean come on they couldn't be any worse than the Lucas crap.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Why so negative? Disney's made some good movies. I think it would be stupid of them to do that. I would think they'd know star wars fans are fanatical and want a serious tone star wars like the dark knight. I mean you do that and they'll rake in the cash. I'm just happy 7,8,and 9 will get made. I mean come on they couldn't be any worse than the Lucas crap.

I'm apprehensive to say the least. The problem with Star Wars is that the real fanatical nuts (those stereotypical nerds who dress up for the premieres) will expect nothing less than "as good as the first trilogy" and let's face it: there is no way that will happen. Perhaps folks will be fine with "better than the prequels" but I'm not so sure.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

I'm apprehensive to say the least. The problem with Star Wars is that the real fanatical nuts (those stereotypical nerds who dress up for the premieres) will expect nothing less than "as good as the first trilogy" and let's face it: there is no way that will happen. Perhaps folks will be fine with "better than the prequels" but I'm not so sure.
"Better than the prequels" That wont be too hard. lol  :laugh: I know nothing about the story lines of 7,8,9, so ill definitely be happy. Your right though the die hards will only be satisfied with perfection or films that are exactly like the originals. If the films are serious in tone with great specials effects and story, ill be a happy camper.