Linked Events

• Shemp Vitaphone Coll. Vol. One DVD: October 30, 2012 - November 04, 2012

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Reference Shemp Vitaphone Shorts:

It has been about a year or two now and they are still available through Ebay. I have all of Shemp's Shorts and Features I got them through Ebay.

Offline Paul Allen

I have all of Shemp's Shorts and Features I got them through Ebay.
All of them?  But aren't they bootlegs with poor quality for the most part?

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hello Paul Allen:

Yes, they are bootlegs but the quality is perfect. The guy who cut them does this thing for a living.  To me could not ask for better quality and cheaper than dirt.

Moron4392

Offline archiezappa

Yes, but supporting bootleggers, instead of the nice folks at the Vitaphone Project, is just wrong.  Remember that supporting them is what is bringing us "Hello Pop" and, possibly, many other long lost films.

And I haven't seen Shemp's Vitaphone short subjects look better than they do on the new DVD.

Offline Paul Allen

Yes, but supporting bootleggers, instead of the nice folks at the Vitaphone Project, is just wrong.  Remember that supporting them is what is bringing us "Hello Pop" and, possibly, many other long lost films.

And I haven't seen Shemp's Vitaphone short subjects look better than they do on the new DVD.
Moron4392 isn't saying that she would rather support bootleggers "instead" of the Vitaphone Project.
She informed me a couple of weeks ago that she bought the bootlegs 4 or 5 years ago when it seemed as though the Shemp shorts were never going to see an official release.

I'm sure if Shemp's Vitaphone shorts and Columbia shorts had been officially available a few years ago that Moron4392 would've been more than happy to have purchased them instead of bootlegs.

Now that the official products have finally been released, I don't think she should feel obligated to purchase them if she's happy with her old bootlegs. It's a personal choice as to whether or not someone wants to upgrade after already owning the bootlegs.

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hello:

I see there is some conflict about me owning Black Market Shemp Shorts.  I would of never purchased the Black Market ones if I knew that legal copies would eventually be out.  I am not a law breaker, I am a Shemp Solo junkie and at them time I did purchase them I thought those were the only way I could get them.  I do plan on buying the legal copies where can they be purchased at?

Thanks so much:

Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline Paul Allen

I do plan on buying the legal copies where can they be purchased at?
Ms. Hoekstra, maybe you forgot what this thread subject is about. Look at the very first post on Page 1.

Volume One of Shemp's Vitaphone shorts are available at wbshop.com >> http://www.wbshop.com/product/the+vitaphone+comedy+collection+volume+one++roscoe+fatty+arbuckleshemp+howard+19321934+1000207456.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

Don't pay $29.95 unless you must have them right now. It'll go on sale for less in the future. It's already been as low as about $22 since it was issued. Hopefully volume two will be released sometime this year.

Have you purchased the official releases of Shemp's Columbia shorts, yet?
They are available on this set >> http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Ultimate-Collection/dp/B006WN5W5M/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1363929885&sr=1-3&keywords=THE+THREE+STOOGES

It will also go on sale for less in the future. It's been as low as $39.99 & $44.99 since it was released. 

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hello Mr. Gwyn and All Else:

Please forgive me, but I thought I was staying on the topic.  All's I did mention was that I have most of Shemps first Volume of Vitaphone Shorts as Black Market.  Am going to purchase the leagl copies because there are some that I do not have.  Better back out of this topic now before things might get hairy with me.  Y'all take care and sorry for even putting my first posting here.

Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline Paul Allen

I have all of Shemp's Shorts and Features...
Please forgive me, but I thought I was staying on the topic.  All's I did mention was that I have most of Shemps first Volume of Vitaphone Shorts as Black Market.  Am going to purchase the leagl copies because there are some that I do not have.  Better back out of this topic now before things might get hairy with me.  Y'all take care and sorry for even putting my first posting here.
No need to apologize for posting. You must've thought you had all the Shemp movies, but now you realize that you don't.
Everything's fine... post anytime! ;)

Offline archiezappa

I meant no harm, either.  It just seemed like you meant that you wouldn't be buying them, since you already have them.  No worries.

Offline Larrys#1

John Sinnott reviews The Vitaphone Comedy Collection Vol. 1 ... worth checking out.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/60723/vitaphone-comedy-collection-vol-1-roscoe-fatty-arbuckle-shemp-howard-1932-1934-the/

When I read the review and saw Hey, Pop! on the list, at first, I thought it said, Hello Pop, and nearly fell to the floor in shock.

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hello:

Shemp Vitaphone Shorts are at Ebay for 26.00 includes postage.  Not Black Market.

Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline Paul Allen

I'm surprised that there still hasn't been an announcement for The Vitaphone Comedy Collection, Volume Two

Offline Paul Allen

Does anyone know if/when Volume Two will be released? I'm ready for it now!! [pie]

BeAStooge, do you have any information on this, sir?

Offline falsealarms

Last I knew, perhaps sometime in the first quarter of 2014.

Whenever it is, it can't come soon enough.

Offline Paul Allen

Last I knew, perhaps sometime in the first quarter of 2014.
Last you "knew"?
Is that just rumor, falsealarms, or have you heard/read something from a reliable source? If so, who?

Offline falsealarms

.Last you "knew"?
Is that just rumor, falsealarms, or have you heard/read something from a reliable source? If so, who?

It's just a rumor.