Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3D Stooges DVD (12-11-12)

Offline Rich Finegan

Not sure if this has been announced here yet, but I couldn't find anything about it, so here's the news:

A DVD release of the four Public Domain Stooges shorts - in 3D!
It's scheduled for release Dec. 11, 2012.

Info here:

http://mvdb2b.com/s/ThreeStoogesIn3D/CR-DV-3091

Offline Myren

Only includes one pair of 3-D glasses? Wonder if they cleaned up the prints they are using for this?

Offline Jake Howard

From what I have read, this is a re-release.

An Amazon review basically said the PQ was garbage :(....waste of money.

Offline Larry Larry

This is a sad money grab.  These films weren't produced for 3D originally. 

Not sure who this is meant for.   For 3D fans, there's no shortage of quality 3D material on the marketplace these days.  And are there really any Stooge fans clamoring for the 1,845th repackaging of these 4 public domain shorts?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

ThumpTheShoes

2D conversions like this are a waste of effort. They don't work.

For the curious, there are free programs available in the interweb that will provide the same results likely to be found on the aforementioned dvd.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This is a sad money grab.  These films weren't produced for 3D originally. 

Not sure who this is meant for.   For 3D fans, there's no shortage of quality 3D material on the marketplace these days.  And are there really any Stooge fans clamoring for the 1,845th repackaging of these 4 public domain shorts?

It's obvious who the DVD is for: people who don't know any better. This is for folks who are not big Stooges fans and don't know that those four shorts everywhere. Perhaps they are meandering through Wal-Mart and come across this sitting atop those bins full of cheap DVDs and say "hmm, 3D Stooges and for cheap I guess I'll buy it". It's an impulse buy.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

ThumpTheShoes

I'm still hoping that Sony will at some point re-release the Stooges' 3d shorts in proper 3d. A friend recently sent me a copy of Pardon My Backfire that blows away what Sony put on the dvd sets.  Now, if you can cross your eyes just so:

Here's hoping for Spooks! to follow.