Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Name this supporting player #3

Offline falsealarms

Who is this?

HINT - This supporting player appeared in just one Stooge short and her lone appearance came in the mid 1950s.

Offline metaldams

Offline falsealarms

Angela Stevens?

Not a bad guess, but, no. Stevens was in more than one short. This player was in only one.

Offline falsealarms

HINT # 2

I said this player was in one Stooge short in the mid 1950s. Her one short was a Shemp short, so this is not a Besser era player.

Offline Whoa Moe

May I ask...did she speak with an accent in her one short?

Offline falsealarms

Offline Whoa Moe

I don't believe she even spoke.
Land O' Goshin! I'm really going to have to think hard on this.

Question: Do I have to go thru this verification procedure every time I make an entry? It's so hard for me to make out those letters!

Offline falsealarms

Land O' Goshin! I'm really going to have to think hard on this.

Question: Do I have to go thru this verification procedure every time I make an entry? It's so hard for me to make out those letters!

I think that only lasts until you have an X amount of posts - not sure of the number.

Offline Whoa Moe

I think that only lasts until you have an X amount of posts - not sure of the number.
Thanks.....now another question on the player: was she part of a 3 girl dance act?

Offline falsealarms

Thanks.....now another question on the player: was she part of a 3 girl dance act?

Nope.

She was a chorus girl/dancer/showgirl character, though.

Another hint: ice cream.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
This supporting player appeared in just one Stooge short and her lone appearance came in the mid 1950s.

Three shorts. 

Only one is listed on ThreeStooges.net; the other two are on a to-do list of updates, if the site is ever returned to functionality.

Offline falsealarms

Three shorts. 

Only one is listed on ThreeStooges.net; the other two are on a to-do list of updates, if the site is ever returned to functionality.

What are the other two?

One of them has to be LOOSE LOOT (the unidentified showgirl). She looks just like Beverly Thomas.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
What are the other two?

One of them has to be LOOSE LOOT (the unidentified showgirl). She looks just like Beverly Thomas.

Correct.  The third is BUBBLE TROUBLE (1953).  Beverly was Christine McIntyre's double for new footage.

Based on the films themselves, we had the BT double and LL showgirl on "unidentified players" lists for a long time, because the character is only on-camera very fleetingly, and not in closeup.

That's where promotional stills came in handy...

The stills were always around & available, but the connections were never made.  Until The Stoogeum's archivists were scanning and labeling the photographs into the museum's database.  The girls aren't Stooges fans [not to our extent], but their keen eyes noticed that it was the same actress in all three films.

Screen-grab from FLAGPOLE JITTERS (1956)

Promotional stills with Beverly Thomas
  • FLAGPOLE JITTERS (1956)
  • BUBBLE TROUBLE (1953)
  • LOOSE LOOT (1953)

Offline falsealarms

I appreciate the information. Knowing she was in three shorts makes finding whatever happened to her an even bigger priority. The latest clue on her is a January 21 1949 LA Times article which reported she was 18 then. If we believe that, then we can peg her birth between 1930 - January 1931. We'll see where it goes.

Another one of her... she was "Miss Mermaid" in 1952.