Mitt Romney (Republican)
9 (47.4%)
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
3 (15.8%)
Virgil Goode (Constitution)
0 (0%)
Jill Stein (Green)
0 (0%)
Write in a Stooge (Please say which Stooge)
3 (15.8%)
Undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I was gonna vote for Obama, but I learned that if I vote for him, I'm apparently enabling the 5 non-negotiables and I have to go to Confession even though I'm not committing those acts myself. 

So I'm staying home.  Politics aren't really my thing anyway.  Jim, I'm braced, so hit me with your best religious/vote or die jabs.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline metaldams

I was gonna vote for Obama, but I learned that if I vote for him, I'm apparently enabling the 5 non-negotiables and I have to go to Confession even though I'm not committing those acts myself. 

So I'm staying home.  Politics aren't really my thing anyway.  Jim, I'm braced, so hit me with your best religious/vote or die jabs.

I have no clue what Jim is going to say, but my advice is vote Obama, carve pentagrams and inverted crosses inside the voting booth, and then proceed to listen to your favorite Norwegian Black Metal band on the way home.

But if that ain't your style, I have respect for you because even if what you're doing is not my course of action, at least you're following your conscience, and that's what everybody should do.  What disturbs me most is the "vote for the lesser of two evils" garbage I hear people say all the time.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ILMM

I found this rather by accident; http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=212985 .
I don't know much about this guy, but all you Gary Johnson supporters out there
might want to read it.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline metaldams

I found this rather by accident; http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=212985 .
I don't know much about this guy, but all you Gary Johnson supporters out there
might want to read it.

This is not the first I've heard about this, and I have not given Gary or any other candidate a dime.  That said, based on his rhetoric and record as New Mexico governor, I still think he's the best candidate and he has my vote.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This is not the first I've heard about this, and I have not given Gary or any other candidate a dime.  That said, based on his rhetoric and record as New Mexico governor, I still think he's the best candidate and he has my vote.

...and your guy is an inhuman robot who once let his dog shit all over himself while in a pet carrier that was strapped to the roof, thinks he will be god of his own planet some day, and actually started what is now known as "Obamacare" in Massachusetts. Anything else?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

What seriously scares me most about Romney is his foreign policy, not that Obama is great as far as that goes.  I come from the Ron Paul/Old Right school of non-interventionism, so to see a guy who on his website under foreign policy have an agenda for different areas of the world laid out and also call the section "An American Century" is enough to scare the bejeesus out of me.  Project For A New American Century was the neo-conservative lobby that basically had plans for American influence throughout the Middle East and rest of the world as early as 1998, so I'm also not a fan of those choice of words.  Add into it Romney's supposedly speaking to a lot of the same neo-cons Dubya dealt with and that alone is reason enough for me to steer clear of Romney.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

Romney, Ryan, and Christie should be down at Cape May Point with their big yaps open to swallow all of Hurricane Sandy.  That would even be better than just blowing the storm out to sea.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What seriously scares me most about Romney is his foreign policy, not that Obama is great as far as that goes.  I come from the Ron Paul/Old Right school of non-interventionism, so to see a guy who on his website under foreign policy have an agenda for different areas of the world laid out and also call the section "An American Century" is enough to scare the bejeesus out of me.  Project For A New American Century was the neo-conservative lobby that basically had plans for American influence throughout the Middle East and rest of the world as early as 1998, so I'm also not a fan of those choice of words.  Add into it Romney's supposedly speaking to a lot of the same neo-cons Dubya dealt with and that alone is reason enough for me to steer clear of Romney.

Simply put: the GOP has been sucking off the Sauds since the first Bush and like all acquired tastes it might have been bitter at first but they have grown to like Saud cum (and the money they get for swallowing it down their gullet).

Since both sides of evil want to shoehorn religion into politics I cannot vote for a Mormon and I don't care who knows and who thinks I'm prejudice against them. Anyone who seriously thinks American Indians are lost Jews who had their skin darkened as punishment...that when they die they will be a god of their own planet...that the Garden of Eden is in MO or somewhere thereabouts...that the "magic underwear" they wear makes them invincible, should not be running a household never mind a country. It's bad enough I have to listen to bunch of pseudo-Christians (and some scary actual Christians) blather every election cycle, I don't need to deal with one of the crazier factions. It's a special kind of crazy to get noticed in the Sea of Crazy that is Christendom, and Mormonism is a special kind of crazy. Call me prejudiced against Mormons all you want, I will wave that freak flag.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Lefty

Romney is the leader of the Amalgamated Association of Mormons, Local 6 & 7/8.  Or as Shemp said, "I've got 6 wives and 2 kids."  And let's not forget that the R-Money family just bought the voting machines in Ohio, obviously to rig that state in his favor.

Just in case anyone thinks I have something against Mormons -- Shawn Bradley sucked as a basketball player, not as a person -- I hate ALL religious fanatics -- whether in red states, Arab countries, or Lakewood, NJ.  President Lefty would impose a DRAT tax -- Drugs, Religion, Alcohol, Tobacco -- you can have it in the privacy of your own home, but it's gonna cost you otherwise.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Just as I predicted, 4 more years.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You would have thought the Obama supporters here would have come to gloat or the Romney supporter would be running around yelling "the sky is falling". Perhaps ILMM is preparing for his move to Canada.

Offline metaldams

Jim, I'm surprised you're not gloating about Colorado and Washington.  A step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

This is my 300th post -- unfortunately, it's not about bowling a 300 game. :( That said, I am satisfied with the outcome of the Presidential election, and of the Senate elections in PA and NJ, but even more so in CT, where Linda McMahon has now wasted $100 million of the family fortune for two unsuccessful attempts at buying more tax breaks for World's Worst Entertainment -- and fancy mansions for each of her 6 grandkids, probably.

Offline metaldams

Jim, I'm surprised you're not gloating about Colorado and Washington.  A step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

Nevermind, I see now that's in another thread.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

This is my 300th post -- unfortunately, it's not about bowling a 300 game. :( That said, I am satisfied with the outcome of the Presidential election, and of the Senate elections in PA and NJ, but even more so in CT, where Linda McMahon has now wasted $100 million of the family fortune for two unsuccessful attempts at buying more tax breaks for World's Worst Entertainment -- and fancy mansions for each of her 6 grandkids, probably.

Congratulations for being on the winning team.

As for me, that's exactly how I viewed this whole ordeal, a sporting event.  This coming "fiscal cliff," which I have heard about for months prior and is now finally being discussed on the mainstream news, doesn't make me want to wear a jersey for either side.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

We've been on these boards for over a decade, of course you should know me better than that.

Offline metaldams

We've been on these boards for over a decade, of course you should know me better than that.

What, about gloating?  I was half kidding, I knew you wouldn't flat out gloat, I just meant say something about pot legalization. Then I noticed it was mentioned in another thread after I made the post.

I should add, "a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned" was meant towards pot legalization, not whether you gloat or not.  Perhaps my sentence was misconstrued, and I can see why.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What, about gloating?  I was half kidding, I knew you wouldn't flat out gloat, I just meant say something about pot legalization. Then I noticed it was mentioned in another thread after I made the post.

I should add, "a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned" was meant towards pot legalization, not whether you gloat or not.  Perhaps my sentence was misconstrued, and I can see why.

Dude I was teasing you from the confines of a cloud of pot smoke.

Offline ILMM

You would have thought the Obama supporters here would have come to gloat or the Romney supporter would be running around yelling "the sky is falling". Perhaps ILMM is preparing for his move to Canada.

No point to yell or move, it is what it is. And sense I don't have a billion dollars to
buy a private island, where can I move to that I would like better?

Offline Lefty

Congratulations for being on the winning team.

Muchos gracias, Senor!  Muchos gracias!  No se mete en ese callejon.

As for me, that's exactly how I viewed this whole ordeal, a sporting event.  This coming "fiscal cliff," which I have heard about for months prior and is now finally being discussed on the mainstream news, doesn't make me want to wear a jersey for either side.

Anyway, while this country would be a LOT better off if people would vote out the D&R bodies and go Independent, given a choice of only those two main parties, I will never -- ehhhhhhhhhhhhhver -- vote for a Republican for President or Governor a-gain, to paraphrase Chris Jericho.  And I would never vote for a Democrat in an urban election, but that's been a moot point since I escaped from Philly long ago.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

No point to yell or move, it is what it is. And sense I don't have a billion dollars to
buy a private island, where can I move to that I would like better?

That wasn't a shot against you personally ILMM, but at certain folks who are on your side of the aisle who have been threatening a move to Canada or seceding, all because their asshole lost and the other asshole won.

Offline ILMM

That wasn't a shot against you personally ILMM, but at certain folks who are on your side of the aisle who have been threatening a move to Canada or seceding, all because their asshole lost and the other asshole won.

O.K., thank you.

Offline metaldams

In case anyone's interested, Ron paul gave his final speech from the congressional floor today.

May he live to be 115 and continue to educate until then.
- Doug Sarnecky