Mitt Romney (Republican)
9 (47.4%)
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
3 (15.8%)
Virgil Goode (Constitution)
0 (0%)
Jill Stein (Green)
0 (0%)
Write in a Stooge (Please say which Stooge)
3 (15.8%)
Undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I just want to apologize. I was having a bad weekend and those comments were just the result of it. But that doesn't excuse it... they were out of line. I think I've proven in 7 years here that flying off the handle like that isn't how I usually operate.

Apology accepted, False.  I can understand frustration over the delays, but as I said above getting my computer fixed and getting back to work on the site has been low on my list of priorities.  In addition to supporting two households (plus myself), I have had to deal with over $10,000 in medical bills from this past December, when I had a "syncopal incident" (meaning I suddenly fainted and fell over like a chopped down tree, scaring the crap out of my family in the process.)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline metaldams

I had no idea until two minutes before typing this Roseanne Barr is running for president.  This is not a joke.  Give her credit, she talks about the fed.

http://roseanneforpresident2012.org

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I had no idea until two minutes before typing this Roseanne Barr is running for president.  This is not a joke.  Give her credit, she talks about the fed.

http://roseanneforpresident2012.org

I had no idea either.  I just looked over her Issues page and while I don't agree with a number of things she makes a hell of a lot more sense than Obama and Romney (or should I just start saying Obamney?)  She's anti-war, anti-Fed and anti-Drug War.   I never thought I'd say this of Roseanne Barr, but I wish her well.

Offline JazzBill

Sure, why not? We haven't had a B-movie, bad actor for President in a while. 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Romney is Thurston Howell in bank account only, but he looks more like the below and has a similar platform, minus the charisma, of course. 

Believe in Fresh Bread
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
    • I Surf for the Freedom!!
I chose write in a Stooge because I've always wondered what America would be like with Hailstone in charge!

So that Said, I vote Moe!
Shemp: Moe! Larry! Wait for me!! *hits himself with shovel*
~ Who Done It?

Offline metaldams

This might be one of the most entertaining political ads ever.  Of course, I'm partial. I like Gary Johnson and z-movies.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Gary Johnson, folks.  Warren G. Harding is perhaps the only other person who ran for president who is this cool.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I've been meaning to find and share this for a while and last night's "debate" spurred me to finally do so.  This clip from the Futurama episode, "A Head in the Polls," sums up how I feel about the upcoming election:

<a href="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:e46f23b8-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:e46f23b8-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30</a>
Comedy Central

This weekly wrap-up from We Are Change has a good take on last night's so-called debate, along with some interesting information that you probably won't hear from the mainstream media:

[youtube=640,360]f7VQ2yacLrc[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

Rob, be fair, we have more debates.  Surely they'll bring up the federal reserve, NDAA, and drone attacks in future debates.   ::)

Yeah, I could barely follow half of that debate, and I watched the whole thing.  Gary Johnson got to chip in for the first hour in the clip below, though he had to speak to Neil Cavuto before Romney talks about the federal government grading schools.  My Dad was actually cheering that on.  I say that will make lobbyists out of our schools.

The debates would have been so much better with Gary, and while I'm not a fan, Jill Stein belonged there out of fairness.  Then again, these debates aren't exactly fair.

PS:  You may want to fast forward the 1st three minutes, then things gradually pick up.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Green Party candidate Jill Stein and her running mate Cheri Honkala outside the debates tonight.  This video speaks for itself.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ILMM

Green Party candidate Jill Stein and her running mate Cheri Honkala outside the debates tonight.  This video speaks for itself.

If only I had the smallest violin in the world, I would be able share my feelings about this.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

If only I had the smallest violin in the world, I would be able share my feelings about this.

You should care, unless you are pleased as punch with fucktard Democans and Republicrats. If that is the case, please stay at home on Election Day; people like you are the cause of most of the problems because you keep electing the same anal marauders that continue to fuck us over.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Care to elaborate?  By reading this thread, you can probably gather I'm not a Jill Stein supporter.  However, I am a supporter of the idea people should know who Jill Stein is because she's on enough ballots to mathematically win.  Judging by your numbers earlier in the thread, you seem to be a Romney guy, which is fine, but does that mean you're OK with other voices being left out because your guy is part of the main narrative?

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ILMM

I don't care about self-righteous hypocrites like the lady's in the video.
"First Admendment" my ass! The presidential debates are in essence private affairs
run by the two party's and thus may be run any way they please. The First Admendment
doesn't protect the "right" to go on someone's property if they don't want you there; nor does
it protect the "right" to squat on a road or driveway, I can't tell which. They say they want
everyone to be at the debate? First of all, their are 14 third-party and independent canadates 
in colorado(the most in the nation), should they all get to come? Heck, the Prohibition Party
is on the ballot in louisiana, what about them? I have an idea, why don't all the little
canadates get together for there own debate and not bother with the "corrupt" mainstream?
What else do they got to do? A big gathering might draw some attention. But for some reason I never hear any plans like that.

I went to Jill Stein's website, and just as I expected she wants to regulate corporate speech.
She probably wants to ban lobbyists too. Apparently the government regulating what speech
to allow and how to petition them is all hunky-dory, but being made to move out of the way of
traffic is a travesty of justice.

The whole thing is a big stunt to get some attention. One night in jail (if that!) for a little media
coverage, which is the only First Admendmend right they're exercising.

BTW, ladys, we don't live in a democacy, we live in a republic. A democratic republic,
but a republic just the same.

Offline ILMM

Care to elaborate?  By reading this thread, you can probably gather I'm not a Jill Stein supporter.  However, I am a supporter of the idea people should know who Jill Stein is because she's on enough ballots to mathematically win.  Judging by your numbers earlier in the thread, you seem to be a Romney guy, which is fine, but does that mean you're OK with other voices being left out because your guy is part of the main narrative?

I understand the idea that people like her and Gary Johnson should be allowed to debate
because they could actually win, and you might as well throw in Goode, he's the other big one
although he comes up a little short, and in a way you might actually be right, but that doesn't
change the fact that her First Amendment argument is wrong, and given her policy's, hypocratic.
I don't like Johnson suing to get them to let him in either, I think it just ends up hurting his
libertarian message.

Offline JazzBill

They should be hooked up to lie detectors and sitting in electric chairs during the debates. Every time one them tells a lie, hit him with a few hundred volts.  >:D
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

I have an idea, why don't all the little
canadates get together for there own debate and not bother with the "corrupt" mainstream?
What else do they got to do? A big gathering might draw some attention. But for some reason I never hear any plans like that.

You pretty much stated the problem without realizing it.  Why don't the other candidates get together and have a debate?

http://freeandequal.org/updates/larry-king-to-moderate-third-party-presidential-debate/

Now let's see how much you hear about it.

I agree Jill Stein should've been arrested, and in essence, I suppose the Democrats and Republicans do have a right to have an exclusive debate, you do make a good private property point.  However, it's sad other voices do not get heard, which is the fault of the media.  Look, I can understand the Prohibition Party candidate not getting any attention, but you'd think a candidate who actually does the work to get on enough ballots should get enough coverage so the average Joe knows they exist.  I don't think in this case, a 4 person debate is too much for the average person to handle.  What's sad about this Jill Stein issue, no matter what you think of her, is that she has to pull off a stunt like this just so some attention may be drawn to her cause.  Her party did the work to mathematically win, therefore it's the media's job to cover it, and if the media covers it, I promise there'd be more demand for more inclusive debates.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There have been third party debates for a long time now, they end up on C-Span and no one watches them and the media has little to no coverage of them. try thinking before you speak for a change and use Google once in a while, jackass.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline ILMM

You pretty much stated the problem without realizing it.  Why don't the other candidates get together and have a debate?

http://freeandequal.org/updates/larry-king-to-moderate-third-party-presidential-debate/

Now let's see how much you hear about it.

I agree Jill Stein should've been arrested, and in essence, I suppose the Democrats and Republicans do have a right to have an exclusive debate, you do make a good private property point.  However, it's sad other voices do not get heard, which is the fault of the media.  Look, I can understand the Prohibition Party candidate not getting any attention, but you'd think a candidate who actually does the work to get on enough ballots should get enough coverage so the average Joe knows they exist.  I don't think in this case, a 4 person debate is too much for the average person to handle.  What's sad about this Jill Stein issue, no matter what you think of her, is that she has to pull off a stunt like this just so some attention may be drawn to her cause.  Her party did the work to mathematically win, therefore it's the media's job to cover it, and if the media covers it, I promise there'd be more demand for more inclusive debates.

Yes, I found out about that after I wrote my post, good for them. Apparently they've held
them before too. The media reports what it wants to, and what they think will be an advantage
to them. That's why a free internet is so important, minority views can be spread with out
fear of censorship. But even with something resembling equal time, I'm not sure you'd see
a big rise in third-party membership. Ever since political partys started in this county we've
had a two party system, at least in presidential elections; with a couple of exceptions(1824,1860).
It would take a complete collapse of a party to get a third-party to rise. I will say, if Romney
does as bad as some libertarian people say he will, that just might do it. Or have him be the
first President in modern history to not get renominated.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Reality Check: Who Is Behind The Commission on Presidential Debates? Are The Debates Rigged?

[youtube=480,360]QDQsIKbQLFY[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

Reality Check: Who Is Behind The Commission on Presidential Debates? Are The Debates Rigged?

[youtube=480,360]QDQsIKbQLFY[/youtube]

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the world needs more Ben Swann's.  That's a real reporter, and I may actually watch the local news if I lived in Ohio.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Lefty

While I have it in mind, remember:  Vote early, vote often, vote Independent.