Mitt Romney (Republican)
9 (47.4%)
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
3 (15.8%)
Virgil Goode (Constitution)
0 (0%)
Jill Stein (Green)
0 (0%)
Write in a Stooge (Please say which Stooge)
3 (15.8%)
Undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Oh yeah, they do like to talk politics. When Obama was running for president, the pastor at my church actually told people to vote for McCain because he claimed that Obama lacks moral values due to his support for abortion and gay marriage. He even went as far as telling people it's a sin to vote improperly and I'm sure he was indirectly telling us that those who voted for Obama committed a sin.

You just confirmed my suspicions. I'm not 100% knowledgeable on tax codes and churches but your pastor is definitely way out of bounds telling his congregation whom to vote for. I would suggest finding a church that is less political and more "spiritual" as it were.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This one goes out to all who will vote for Rombama or Obamney as well as anyone who thinks there is a legit difference between the two monopolistic corporate slave parties.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Further talk on the same issue Jim brought up above.  By the way, Ben Swann is hands down one of the best journalists out there.

- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I was visiting these candidates' Facebook pages. I'm checking to see how many "Likes" each of them have. Here are the results:

Barack Obama- 28,364,048 likes
Mitt Romney- 6,444,908 likes
Gary Johnson- 233,811 likes

Offline falsealarms

I took the isidewith quiz again, paying more attention to the "choose your own stance" options, and Romney and Johnson were tied for 1st at 70%

I guess it doesn't really matter in NY. The dem (Obama in this case) will take the state, likely by a wide margin. I don't think a republican presidential candidate has taken NY since 1984.

xraffle

Here's an excellent link that compares all the presidential candidates. I strongly suggest that everyone study this carefully before voting.

http://2012election.procon.org/view.source-summary-chart.php

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Here is an email that my father sent to me this evening, only with my reply to him.  I thought I'd share them both with you guys, and this thread seems appropriate.

First, the email that my Dad forwarded to me:
Another reason to vote in November.

Now this is a scary thought!

HERE'S SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is
the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election.

If Mitt wins the nomination, I will enthusiastically
                support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I'd
                just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78
                2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year
                3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August
                4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

In addition,

Justice Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer.

Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.

The next president could appoint as many as 4 new Justices over next 8 years. This election is about more than ObamaCare Tax.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one new member of the Supreme Court, in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don't think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you're smokin' something
                funky.

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this:
                SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER?

After you have stopped gasping, kindly forward this to your list of concerned citizens.....

Here is my response:

Hi Dad -

Here's the problem with voting for the lesser of two evils...
How can you be sure you aren't actually voting for the better of two liars?

"If you don't think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you're smokin' something funky."

I think that anyone seriously believes that there is really a dime's worth of difference between Romney and Obama has lost the ability to think rationally.  Their policies are almost identical.  Both candidates are literally owned by the Wall Street bankers, led by Goldman Sachs; take a look at their financial backers if you don't believe me.

If anyone thinks that Romney has any more belief in Liberty than Obama, they really haven't been paying any attention.  Just like Obama, Romney believes that the Federal government can - and should - do anything that they want to, without restriction.  Your rights won't mean shit to him anymore than they did to Bush or do to Obama.

George W. Bush ran in 2000 as a "small government" conservative who promised a humbler foreign policy.  Instead he gave us a decade of needless wars, vastly expanded the government's police state capabilities and ran up debt faster than any previous President.

Obama ran for office in 2008 as the "anti-Bush" candidate.  Since taking office Obama has not only not reversed any of Bush's policies, but has instead pushed them even further, reneging on virtual every campaign promise made (except to his financial backers.)  Bush claimed the right to torture whomever he chose.  Obama claims the right to have them killed without charge or trial, or to literally make them disappear into military prisons or psych wards, just like Joseph Stalin.

If Obama wins re-election, his second administration will undoubtedly be even worse.  He will continue to expand the welfare/warfare state, bankrupting us completely in the process.  His re-election will be an unmitigated disaster.

If Romney takes office, though, it will be the same; he won't actually end any of Obama's abuses but rather build on and expand them.  He will continue to expand the welfare/warfare state, bankrupting us completely in the process.  He election will be an unmitigated disaster.

It doesn't matter one iota which of the criminal bastards claims the prize in November; the game is rigged.  Foreign wars will continue, our money will become completely worthless, mercantilism ("crony capitalism") will continue, the rate of debt will increase, and the police state will continue to grow.  And the vast bulk of the sheeple will continue to fall for the utter bullshit that passes for mainstream "news."

I'm not playing their game anymore.  I'm not going to give their corruption any legitimacy by pretending that the political process is fair or moral; it's not.

Frankly, this country is screwed.  I hope the survivors will be smart enough to realize that "governments" are a bad idea and not make the same mistakes, but since I have studied history I'm not willing to bet on that.

Offline falsealarms

Why don't you put some of your energy in to getting the main website back in order? The "end of the summer," the latest in a string of timetables, has pretty much come and gone with no signs of progress.

Offline metaldams

....but, but, but.........Rob, you HAVE to vote Romney!  His party allows God in the platform!   [pie]  I can't believe we are $16,000,000,000,000 in debt and this is the mainstream issue of the day.

My father, an admitted neo-con, sends me e-mails very much like your father, but I don't even bother responding.  I have no clue what your father is like, but mine is absolutely impossible to have a debate with without him losing his temper.  It's all the Democrat's fault according to him, but he's only half right.

I think, the partial good news, Rob, is that there are a lot of young people in this country who are waking up, I just think it may be too late.

"I hope the survivors will be smart enough to realize that "governments" are a bad idea and not make the same mistakes, but since I have studied history I'm not willing to bet on that."

I tend to fall into the limited government category at the moment, but I have flirted with the idea of what anarchy would be like and think it would be better than what we have now.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Why don't you put some of your energy in to getting the main website back in order? The "end of the summer," the latest in a string of timetables, has pretty much come and gone with no signs of progress.

Relax. Rob is a busy man and it's not easy administering a website. Give him some time.

Offline falsealarms

Relax. Rob is a busy man and it's not easy administering a website. Give him some time.

It has been 15 months.

Offline hiramhorwitz

This distribution is probably more indicative of the demographics of adamant Facebook users and people who enjoy pressing the "like' button than it is of the current popular vote.

I was visiting these candidates' Facebook pages. I'm checking to see how many "Likes" each of them have. Here are the results:

Barack Obama- 28,364,048 likes
Mitt Romney- 6,444,908 likes
Gary Johnson- 233,811 likes

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It has been 15 months.

Well you could be a lot less rude about it. It's not he owes you anything; you're not the one paying his bills.

Offline falsealarms

Well you could be a lot less rude about it. It's not he owes you anything; you're not the one paying his bills.

At this point, it's inexcusable. If he isn't willing or able to do anything with it, then give it up to someone who will. The main site is too good to just rot like it has for the past 15 months. We all can agree on the last point.

xraffle

If he isn't willing or able to do anything with it, then give it up to someone who will.

I'm sure he's doing his best. He's just very busy, I imagine.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
At this point, it's inexcusable. If he isn't willing or able to do anything with it, then give it up to someone who will. The main site is too good to just rot like it has for the past 15 months. We all can agree on the last point.

Who the fuck are you to get so pissy about it? Again, are you paying his bills?

Offline metaldams

If he isn't willing or able to do anything with it, then give it up to someone who will.

You should run for congress, you'd fit right in.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

False- Seriously, you're one of the members here that I actually like. You've always had good ethics on this site and I think your anxiety on having the site finished is getting the best of you. It will be a shame for us to lose you over something very petty. I can only hope you're just having a bad day and will get over this soon. Please. Just take it easy and don't do anything irrational.

xraffle

Looks like Falsealarms has decided to delete his account. Damn it!!! Without him, it's not going to be the same. He was such a great contributor on the "Stooges DVD/VHS/Home Video" category. What a loss!! I can't believe this is happening.

Offline metaldams

Looks like Falsealarms has decided to delete his account. Damn it!!! Without him, it's not going to be the same. He was such a great contributor on the "Stooges DVD/VHS/Home Video" category. What a loss!! I can't believe this is happening.

Relax.  He was rude and got called out on it, period.  His leaving is a loss, but he was in the wrong in this situation.  This site is Rob's property and False has zero right to suggest it be handed over to someone else.  Since this started out as a political thread, perhaps respect for one to handle or not handle their private property as desired is an appropriate topic.

This is the last I'll say on the topic.  I hope the respective parties comes to a truce, but if not, it's beyond my control.  Life goes on.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
First thing's first: X you were out of bounds suggesting that he might be banned. That's handled by those of us with blue squares or Rob himself.

Secondly: False, you are acting as though Rob owes you something: that you are his boss, you sign his paycheck and you can bark orders at him to immediately get to work on the site. None of us have any idea what commitments or issues Rob has going on in the real world. I've known Rob for more years than I care to remember, and I know how much the website means to him. There is a very good reason why he hasn't worked on the site and he'd most likely like to keep those reasons private. In other words, it's none of your fucking business. If you want to pick up your ball and go home and cry like a little schoolgirl because I called you out on your bitchy attitude then by all means go ahead, but for now I will not approve the deletion. Hopefully you remove your tampon, get treated for Toxic Shock Syndrome (which you obviously must be suffering from) and apologize for your bullshit behavior. If you decide not to and never post again it's no sweat off my sack.

I've decided to give out warnings; False will be on Orange to give him some time to come to his senses and X will be on Green for fanning the flames. You don't have to like it, but you do have to lump it.

xraffle

First thing's first: X you were out of bounds suggesting that he might be banned. That's handled by those of us with blue squares or Rob himself.

I didn't suggest that he'd be banned. His account was actually deleted before Reply #67 and that's why he said we didn't want to lose him. I didn't think for one minute that you guys would even ban him. I don't know why you put words in my mouth. I never mentioned the word "ban" in my post. I don't ever want to step on the moderators' toes. Please don't think that. But I consider False a good guy . In fact, I consider him a friend and I wanted to give him some friendly advice since he's obviously very upset over something that's not worth getting upset about. I have nothing against the way false was called out. I was simply upset that he deleted his account.

Honestly, I don't understand why I'm being picked on. I beginning to see what those nuts on Blu-ray.com are talking about. I'm trying to be a good friend to False. If I'm causing trouble by trying to help out a fellow member, then I'm sorry. Until then, I'm going to step aside since it's obvious that I'm not wanted here anymore.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You know what? This is the second time he has done this, gotten his feelings hurt and shut down his account, and this time I am not going to run after him. Fuck off X, I don't care. I happen to know there are some members in very high standing who are glad that you deleted your account. I'm a moderator, not a fucking nursemaid. If this is the way you are going to act I suggest you wear a helmet when you get on that short bus in the morning.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Geez - I didn't think my popping in here for a minute to share an email exchange with my father would start a war (that isn't even related to what I posted.)  WTF?

@Falsealarms:  Jim has pretty much expressed my own reaction.  ThreeStooges.net is still up and running; even if Team Stooge members can't update it, all of the information is still there.  It's not as though I shut down the site last summer.  You aren't even a member of Team Stooge, so outside of your not being able to post reviews on episodes your functionality wasn't even affected.    What the hell are you bitching about?

The biggest reason why I haven't gotten any more work done on the site is that my desktop computer's motherboard crapped out last summer, not very long after I was forced to split the forum from the site.  All of my working files are on a hard drive on that computer, and until I get it working again that's where they'll stay.  I haven't fixed the computer due to lack of funds.  I was hoping to be able to do that last month, but it is taking me longer to pay off all of my medical bills from last December than I anticipated.  My first priority is to keep a roof over the heads of my family members and food on their tables; computer repair is low on my list.

Frankly, the biggest reason the two sites are still up and running is that I had received generous contributions from Moron4392 in the past, although they stopped last summer when the sites were split.  Fortunately she had donated enough that I have been able to keep the hosting bills covered, and will be able to do so for a few more months before I have to start shelling the costs out of my own pocket again.  Without her past contributions both of the sites would have been shut down completely months ago.

This kind of crap makes me want to just throw in the towel and drop these sites.  I need more hassles like I need another hole in my head.

Offline falsealarms

I just want to apologize. I was having a bad weekend and those comments were just the result of it. But that doesn't excuse it... they were out of line. I think I've proven in 7 years here that flying off the handle like that isn't how I usually operate.