The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Neil Armstrong, 82, First Man to Walk on the Moon

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Neil Armstrong obituary

Man lands on the Moon (1969)  CBS News clips w/ Walter Cronkite

THE DEAN MARTIN ROAST  Bob Hope (1974)  excerpt w/ Neil Armstrong (and Phyllis Diller)

Offline falsealarms

I can only imagine what it was like for someone living in 1969 to be sitting in front of their TV hearing about it for the first time.

That would have been a great summer to be alive - the moon landing, Woodstock, the Miracle Mets...

Offline Lefty

I can only imagine what it was like for someone living in 1969 to be sitting in front of their TV hearing about it for the first time.

That would have been a great summer to be alive - the moon landing, Woodstock, the Miracle Mets...

... My Bar Mitzvah, 8th grade graduation, going to camp for the last time, seeing a sunrise for the first time -- oh yeah, and seeing the Phillies lose a doubleheader to the Cubs in person when the announcement was made about the moon landing.  It was a memorable time, all right.

Offline Curly4444

I wasn't born yet, so i dont remember the event. lol  :laugh: I was born 10 days after the moon landing though.

Offline JazzBill

It was awesome, even in my drunk, drug hazed condition, I knew something special was happening. And like when JFK was shot, I know where I was at when it happened.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline falsealarms

It was awesome, even in my drunk, drug hazed condition, I knew something special was happening. And like when JFK was shot, I know where I was at when it happened.

Sept 11 was for my generation what the JFK assassination was for yours.

Offline vomit

I wasn't born yet, so i dont remember the event. lol  :laugh: I was born 10 days after the moon landing though.

RIP NEIL.

I was born about 5 months after the moon landing.  America lost a true hero. 
Specto Caelum!

Offline Larrington

'Twas a great moment.  It was  big deal at our house since my dad worked in the space program during the years of the Gemini and Apollo missions.
It still amazes me that there are so many boneheads in the world who don't believe it ever happened.