Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Regeneration?

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
The recent Farrelly Stooge movie is (if not now) about to come out on DVD (saw some commercials for it on TV) ...
therefore - is it an appropriate time to ask if this flick generated a resurgence of interest in our boys? or no ...
Alot of us made the argument that a renewed interest in The Three Stooges would be a benefit of allowing this Farrelly fiasco to happen.

Any opinions?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I would say the effect is negligible due to the movie not being a success.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Larrington

I would say the effect is negligible due to the movie not being a success.
It wasn't a blockbuster, but it wasn't really a failure either.

Offline Larry Larry

It was a nice "bump", but it wasn't enough to start a Stooge fan wave.

But it did at least put the Stooge brand back out in the marketplace.  I saw the film in a theater (after swearing I wouldn't) with a 13- and an 11-year old.  They enjoyed it.  Plenty of kids there when I saw it too.  So from that perspective, the Stooges act was shared with a fair number of new fans, families & kids.   These viewers will have an "intro" to the Stooges brand, and can delve into it deeper if they enjoyed it.  The movie wasn't offensive enough to hurt the brand so I see no harm done in the long run.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It wasn't a blockbuster, but it wasn't really a failure either.

When you consider that the goal of the movie was to "revive the Stooges" and make them relevant to today's "black & white hurts my eyes" youth, coupled with the fact that it was given a very wide release and didn't even break even during it's theatrical run when you factor in things like promotional costs I'd say it was indeed a failure.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Whoa Moe

It was a nice "bump", but it wasn't enough to start a Stooge fan wave.

But it did at least put the Stooge brand back out in the marketplace.  I saw the film in a theater (after swearing I wouldn't) with a 13- and an 11-year old.  They enjoyed it.  Plenty of kids there when I saw it too.  So from that perspective, the Stooges act was shared with a fair number of new fans, families & kids.   These viewers will have an "intro" to the Stooges brand, and can delve into it deeper if they enjoyed it.  The movie wasn't offensive enough to hurt the brand so I see no harm done in the long run.
You didn't give a review....how was it?