Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The 5 Columbia Derita features - rank them

Offline metaldams

Pretty simple idea.  Rank the five Columbia Stooge features in order of preference.  A first place vote gets five points, a second place vote 4, etc. 

HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES
THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT
THE THREE STOOGES GO AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAZE
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING
HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL

Offline falsealarms

HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING

I've re-watched all these in the past few months. OUTLAWS in last was the easiest call while the other four are more interchangeable.

Offline JazzBill

HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING

I used to rank HAVE ROCKET as #1, but I recently watched DAZE after watching HAVE ROCKET from the "Rare Treasures" set and I found myself enjoying DAZE a little more.

Offline pipboytaylor

The Three Stooges Meet Hercules
The Outlaws Is Coming
The Three Stooges In Orbit
The Three Stooges Go Around The World In A Daze
Have Rocket, Will Travel

Offline Curly4444

HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Three Stooges In Orbit
The Three Stooges Go Around The World In a Daze
The Three Stooges Meet Hercules
Have Rocket, Will Travel
The Outlaws Is Coming
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

ThumpTheShoes

THE OUTLAWS IS COMING
HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL

Offline archiezappa

HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING

Offline Curly4444

HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
THE OUTLAWS IS COMING

Cool, another person who like THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES the best.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I really think Snow White should have been included because it is the only non-Columbia feature they did with Derita. If it were included I would rank it #6.

1. Hercules
2. Outlaws
3. Orbit
4. Rocket
5. Daze
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Cool, another person who like THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES the best.

There's four of us actually, and doing a quick tally, Hercules holds a comfy lead:

Hercules 46
Daze 38
Orbit 31
Rocket 30
Outlaws 24
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline locoboymakesgood

Hercules is far and away the best for me.

THE OUTLAWS IS COMING
HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline metaldams

THE OUTLAWS IS COMING
HAVE ROCKET WILL TRAVEL

HERCULES easily takes number one.  I'm not sure how much of that is because of childhood memories, but I do think it is a step above the others.  OUTLAWS is slightly better than the three below it (the kiddie show hosts, perhaps) and for the others, they're really about as interchageable as they come.  I gave HAVE ROCKET third above the other two simply because of the romantic subplot, which I am a fan of for all the wrong reasons.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I really think Snow White should have been included because it is the only non-Columbia feature they did with Derita. If it were included I would rank it #6.

Everybody else would rank it #6 too.  Other than that, the reason I did not include it is because title aside, The Three Stooges are basically supporting players while they are stars in the Columbia films.  To me, it's like including YELLOW SUBMARINE in a list of Beatles albums.  However, if I do something for non-starring Stooge features, which i might, I will definitely include SNOW WHITE.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

I'm not sure how much of that is because of childhood memories
Same here. I also had fond childhood memories involving this movie. I loved movies with time travel, and mythological figures(still do).

There's four of us actually, and doing a quick tally, Hercules holds a comfy lead:
Glad to hear that. I knew i wasn't alone.  :D

Everybody else would rank it #6 too
Yes, i would rank it #6 also.

xraffle

Interesting to see HERCULES as #1 because I always hated it. The whole going back in time thing just didn't do it for me. It's not something I care to see in a Stooge film. But that's just me.

Offline falsealarms

From a financial standpoint, I believe HERCULES was their most profitable DeRita feature as well.

Attached are some DeRita feature items I have, a couple original lobby cards and a signed photo of "Hecuba" from HERCULES. I picked up the lobby cards at the fan club meeting earlier this year. That's where Terry Huntington (Hecuba) was a guest.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I think Hercules is more nostalgia than anything being a child of the 80s/90s. AMC ran it all the time growing up, to the point that I only knew of the other movies because of The Three Stooges scrapbook. I didn't finally see any of them until much, much later when they came out on DVD.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
HERCULES is the only Derita feature I somewhat enjoyed and was far and away #1

Everybody else would rank it #6 too.  Other than that, the reason I did not include it is because title aside, The Three Stooges are basically supporting players while they are stars in the Columbia films.  To me, it's like including YELLOW SUBMARINE in a list of Beatles albums.  However, if I do something for non-starring Stooge features, which i might, I will definitely include SNOW WHITE.

Call me crazy, but I do include Yellow Submarine in a list of Beatles albums. Snow White & The Three Stooges is a feature film with Derita and was sold on the fact that the Three Stooges were in it. That makes it just as much a "Derita feature" as the Columbia ones. I can understand not including it because most (if not all) would put it at the bottom, but there is a chance that someone wouldn't have, maybe they dislike Outlaws more, and then we could have asked them where they get their drugs and for how much. Duh!