Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Pope

Poll

Do you think the Pope Should be on T.V so much now that hes dead?

Yes, he was a great man
3 (25%)
No, hes on every channel!
3 (25%)
Im not catholic I dont really care
6 (50%)
He should have attention but not on every channel
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: April 18, 2005, 12:23:44 PM

Pilsner Panther

Of course, the College of Cardinals could always do something completely different, and choose Mel Gibson for Pope!  [rotflmao]

That's almost as horrible and stupid an idea as Arnold Schwarznegger for Governor... it could never happen in a million years— no, wait a minute...!

:o

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/04/06/MNGBBC3S7H1.DTL

This, by the way, happened exactly one block from where I work, but luckily I wasn't around at the time. I can't help but wonder what percentage of these protesters voted for the fraudulent, egotistical bastard in the first place. I'd guess, about a third of them, most likely.

>:(

Offline kinderscenen

I'm not really surprised at the amount of coverage that is apparently being given John Paul II's death and funeral; it lets the media get away with not discussing the more important things going on, like the ongoing disaster in Mess-o-potamia, the rapidly declining "value" of the dollar (and the concurrent skyrocketing of gasoline prices here in the US, which may bring our economy to a crashing halt.)

That's what I thought immediately after the Papal Deathwatch began. I have heard VERY little about the "value" of the dollar declining from the "media." In fact, when I've heard anything about the economy, it's usually something to the effect of how many jobs have been created, and how wonderful this is (yet they fail to mention just what types of jobs these are.....) Usually the gas prices take up a bit more time on the news, but not any more. This, as well as the trial of fellow Stooge fan Michael Jackson has caused the masses to stop thinking of things that are more important.

Another thing of interest: I've heard nothing but praise of JPII (which is fine), but very little on the negative aspects of his reign (?!). The antiquated notion of having children whenever you were unlucky enough to miscount; views on homosexuality, etc. don't have to agree with the will of most people, but these notions should be placed in a new light.

His death has (at least on the shows that I flipped through while looking for the cartoons) caused the media to claim that we're all becoming more spiritual. If anything, all this coverage and the growth of spirituality has made me more cynical.  We're supposed to believe in God (or a reasonable facsimile thereof), yet after a certain age, a child that believes in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, or Easter Bunny is thought to be a little "off."  We can't have it both ways, people! Either Santa Claus is here beside me (along with God), or they're not.

(I'm sure there's a nice spot just waiting for me in the depths of Hell. And when you see the devil, just tell him I'm a'comin.  >:D)
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Pilsner Panther

This is a singing Pope from 1903, on an Edison cylinder; Leo XIII, doing his own version of "Ave Maria." It doesn't bear any resemblance to either the Schubert "Ave Maria" or even the standard Catholic version, but I suppose the Pontiff gets to riff a little, especially if he's jivin' Ex Cathedra...

;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
This one's worthy of Pilsner:

Pope's Death Linked to Bush

STOWE, VT (LBPA) - A review of medical records obtained confidentially by thelastbaron.com shows that John-Paul II, the recently deceased pope and leader of the Roman Catholic church, did not die of old age and health complications as reported by the "world press," but rather of frustration caused by none other than U.S. president George "Dumbya" Bush.

Click here to read the entire "article"   [pound]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 03:25:20 PM by Dunrobin »

Pilsner Panther

This one's worthy of Pilsner:

It does read like something of mine, doesn't it... totally deadpan satire, and very believable.

:D

« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 09:31:24 PM by Pilsner Panther »