Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

R.I.P. Andy Griffith, 86

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
One of the great ones...  R.I.P. Andy Griffith.

THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW  Man in a Hurry (1963)

Elia Kazan's A FACE IN THE CROWD (1957)

THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW  Mayberry Goes Bankrupt (1961), guest-starring Andy Clyde

Mt. Airy NC, front lawn of The Andy Griffith Playhouse

Offline Curly4444

Man, BeAStooge your fast. I was just going to post this.

Sad, news. A very entertaining actor, and part of Americana. The article didn't say what he died of, wonder what it was?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Bear with me.  I have a great respect for Andy Griffith, and consider his 1960s series [arguably] the best TV show of all time.  Today's news got to me, so I'm gonna post a few more videos; these are a little on the rare side, and some of you may not have seen them before.

Don Knotts left TAGS at the end of its 5th season ('64 - '65), and Jim Nabors left a year earlier for his USMC spin-off.  Viewers wanted a reunion of the popular trio, so CBS brought them together for a variety special that aired in October 1965, THE ANDY GRIFFITH-DON KNOTTS-JIM NABORS SHOW.  Since the sitcom didn't give Don a send-off episode, Andy & Don put together this sketch reworking some favorite bits from TAGS episodes, and a chance to display their professional respect and deep friendship for each other.

Not counting 1986's RETURN TO MAYBERRY television movie, the premiere episode of MAYBERRY R.F.D. was the last time viewers of the original series saw Andy Taylor & Barney Fife together...
MAYBERRY R.F.D.  Andy and Helen Get Married (1968)

Just starting out as a comedian, here's a 1953 nightclub audio recording of Andy doing his Grammy-winning performance of...
What It Was, Was Football (1953)

Again not counting the 1986 TV-movie, Andy & Helen Taylor make their last visit to Mayberry for the christening of Andy Jr...
MAYBERRY R.F.D.  Andy’s Baby (1969)

Finally, a classic episode of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.  In this, the character of 'Helen Scobey' is played by my friend Margaret Kerry.  Ms. Kerry costarred in THE NEW 3 STOOGES (1965), in several of the live-action wraparounds and voiceovers for about 1/2 of the cartoons.
THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW  Andy Forecloses (1961)

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I grew up with this man.  What my parents couldn't teach me, he taught me.  In fact, he taught me so, so, so much.  I will miss him.  Rest in Peace in Heaven with Don and George, Andy.  RIP.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline falsealarms

http://news.turner.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=6163

Release Date: 7/3/2012

TCM Remembers Actor Andy Griffith Wednesday, July 18

Tribute to Include Performances in Such Films as A Face in the Crowd (1957), No Time for Sergeants (1958), Hearts of the West (1975) and Onionhead (1958)
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will remember the life and career of actor Andy Griffith on Wednesday, July 18. Griffith passed away this morning at the age of 86.

TCM’s four-film memorial tribute is set to begin at 8 p.m. (ET) with Griffith's brilliant performance in Elia Kazan's A Face in the Crowd (1957). The night also features the hilarious service comedy No Time for Sergeants (1958). The following is a complete schedule (all times Eastern):

8 p.m. – A Face in the Crowd (1957) – with Patricia Neal, Anthony Franciosa, Walter Matthau and Lee Remick. Directed by Elia Kazan.

10:15 p.m. – No Time for Sergeants (1958) – with Myron McCormick, Nick Adams, Murray Hamilton and Don Knotts. Directed by Mervyn LeRoy.

12:30 a.m. – Hearts of the West (1975) – with Jeff Bridges, Donald Pleasance, Blythe Danner, Alan Arkin, Richard B. Shull, Herb Edelman, Alex Rocco and Marie Windsor. Directed by Howard Zieff.

2:15 a.m. – Onionhead (1958) – with Felicia Farr, Walter Matthau, Erin O'Brien, Joe Mantell, Ray Danton, James Gregory and Joey Bishop. Directed by Norman Taurog.