Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges (2000) - Film

Peter · 3 · 1820

Offline Peter

Hi,
Did any of you watch the feature film based on "The Three Stooges" which was shown here in the UK on Thursday?
I thought it was quite good myself, although I spotted a couple of errors (and I'm no expert by any means).

1. Off-screen 'Moe' calls brothers by their 'character names - i.e. Shemp and Curly rather than Samual and Jerome or Babe.
2. Curly is shown having his stroke during filming of a scene in "Half-Wits Holiday" - I always thought this happened during a break in filming.

However, despite the above errors in accuracy (plus others which I'm sure I didn't spot) I enjoyed it and found the last scene very moving.
The chap playing "Curly" was particularly good.

Here is a link to the IMDB reference to it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214698/

What do the rest of you think?

All the best,
Peter

Offline FineBari3

Hi,
Did any of you watch the feature film based on "The Three Stooges" which was shown here in the UK on Thursday?
I thought it was quite good myself, although I spotted a couple of errors (and I'm no expert by any means).

1. Off-screen 'Moe' calls brothers by their 'character names - i.e. Shemp and Curly rather than Samual and Jerome or Babe.
2. Curly is shown having his stroke during filming of a scene in "Half-Wits Holiday" - I always thought this happened during a break in filming.

However, despite the above errors in accuracy (plus others which I'm sure I didn't spot) I enjoyed it and found the last scene very moving.
The chap playing "Curly" was particularly good.

Here is a link to the IMDB reference to it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214698/

What do the rest of you think?

All the best,
Peter

The man that played Curly is named Michael Chickless (sp?). He has been on a fantastic cop drama called The Shield for about 3 years now. I believe he has won some awards for his portrayal of Vic, a tough and ruthless detective.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
We've discussed that film several times over the years since it's release, and the overwhelming consensus has always been that the movie sucked, big time.  Most of the old threads are long gone, by the topic has come up since the last site re-launch, which you can find here.