Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Jim Pisses Off Moe

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I received quite the treat in my mailbox today from Gary in the form of a handwritten, two page letter in response to my movie review. I cannot keep this to myself: I must share this vast fortune of funny with others (typed verbatim)........

To Jim Kane,

As an impersonator of Moe Howard your comments and opinions in Issue 142 of the Journal have caught my attention. I am not too familiar with your past contributions to the Journal but I will respond to your review of the Stooges movie and your comparisons to Stooge Impersonators. First, I would have to disagree that Stooge impersonators suck all of the funny out of everything. My Stooge impersonation act was well received by the attending Stooge fans, and guess what, everyone knew we weren't the real Stooges, your comment in the Journal warning us by a newsflash that the stars in the new movie are not the real Stooges is Earth shattering, wow, really! they have only been dead for about 40 years now.

As Stooge Impersonation goes, we were swamped with fans wanting a picture of us and we were even asked for our autographs at the Stooge meetings, and I assume people were smart enough to know that we were not the real Stooges. this hardly seems that, as you state, suck all life out of funny.

We all know that the real life Stooges will never be matched, I as a Moe Impersonator didn't let that fact stop me from recreating the look of the Stooges, which fans seemed to enjoy, us Impersonators even took our Stooge act on the road, we were asked  to appear at other film conventions by promoters that spotted us. We appeared in many magazines.

Its easy to sit back back and judge actors or Impersonators of Stooges, but it takes much more courage and creative talent to want to bring them to life.

(Name Withheld By Recipient)

PS. In going forward it seems that in order to keep the Stooges memory going, all will get are actors and Impersonators that are not the real deal and thats not such a "News Flash".

Apparently all of the films of the originals have been lost: that's news to me. Jim Kane: bane of Stooge impersonators everywhere!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

Wow, this guy gave you some good jabs.  [pie] Funny thing is, he kinda reminds me of you.  ;)

Offline falsealarms

There is a big difference between fans who go around impersonating the Stooges at things like the fan club meeting and actors who go out and make a new "Stooge" movie. The former is harmless fun. The latter is pointless.

I'm not surprised such an editorial has elicited comment.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
OK, a few people need to brush up on their reading comprehension, rofl.

False, I did not write an editorial on impersonators, I wrote an editorial on the movie. Contained therein was an offhand remark about Stooge Impersonators not being funny, to which a Stooge Impersonator took great offense. Harmless fun or not, that's not the point. The comparison is apt because whether harmless fun or making a new "Stooge" movie neither group is at all funny in my opinion.

Quad 4's: Good shots? Between his inability to detect simple sarcasm and his claim that he and his ilk are single-handedly keeping the Stooges legacy alive I fail to see where he got any good shots on me. If you are implying that I wrote my own hate mail I can assure you I did not and Garystooge can back me up, lol.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline falsealarms

Yeah, I should finish reading the Journal. I've only skimmed those two pages. I'm probably one of the few here who hasn't seen the movie.... I didn't bother to go even when a second-run movie house had it for $4.50. I don't really have use for it, at 12 bucks a ticket or $4.50. I thought about going a few times, but it seemed pointless. Those are not the "Stooges" I care to watch.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I don't get the Journal but Jim mentioned earlier that his review was published. I read it when he first posted it and agree with him almost 100%.

When I read the letter that this guy sent you just now I was kind of dumbfounded. At first I thought it was a reply from one of the Farrally brothers, not a Moe impersonator. That's even more hilarious.

Your scathing review of the film couldn't really be offensive to anyone.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)