Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Max Takes A Bath (1906)

Offline falsealarms

While silent film is rarely my thing, it's digestable in this length. This 106 year old one-reeler starring Max Linder is actually not bad.

Offline metaldams

I do like silent films, however, I tend to view most silent films before 1915 as historical curios.  That said, Max Linder shorts are an exception.  Max Linder was the first great film comedian and Charlie Chaplin considered him a mentor. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I would like to add, MAX TAKES A BATH is incredibly enjoyable and way ahead of it's time.  Besides the fact it's very funny, other than a brief written note from the doctor explaining why Max needs to take a bath, not a single title card is to be found.  Storytelling through gags and pantomime, just like the best silents.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

You're right about that. If I didn't know better, I probably would have thought this was made in the 1920s. And good eye on the title cards - I didn't catch that.

This was better than I expected. Lots of great stuff packed into these 8 minutes. The background score is pretty nice as well.

Offline FineBari3

I'll always admit when I haven't seen something!  I had read of this in books, but never watched it.  I loved the communal water spigot and the stereotyped Irishman! 

Yes, I really enjoyed the music as well.  I wonder who it is?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson