Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Look familiar?

Offline falsealarms

Buster Keaton has an interesting scene in this video from his 1933 feature WHAT, NO BEER?

Pay attention from 10:28 to the end of the clip (about two minutes total). It's reminiscent of what we see in THREE LITTLE BEERS, which was made a couple years after this. One wonders how close the filming locations were for these scenes.

And THREE LITTLE BEERS - about 5:30 into the clip

Offline metaldams

SIDEWALKS OF NEW YORK, directed by Jules White, start at 10:50 or so.

We can do an entire thread of Stooge gags that appeared in other films.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

It's always interesting for someone like me to see these Stooge things pop up in other films. For what it's worth, I thought the Stooges' take on these two scenes were superior to Keaton's. Keaton was good, but the Stooges just did these two bits better.

Offline falsealarms

I don't believe the clip is online, but another example is the magician's coat sequence from LOCO BOY MAKES GOOD. Clyde Bruckman lifted that from Lloyd's MOVIE CRAZY. Lloyd eventually sued and won. I believe Bruckman also lifted the tuxedo routine seen in THREE SMART SAPS from Lloyd's THE FRESHMAN.

Offline falsealarms

Here's the phone bit - i.e, when someone is talking on the phone and lashes out at someone standing in the room, causing confusion with the person on the phone.

PARDON MY BERTH MARKS - 1940, BUSTER KEATON

Starts at 2:40

WHAT'S THE MATADOR - 1942, THREE STOOGES

Starts at 1:20

** Also notice that the same sidewalk appears to be used in both shorts -- beginning at 5:10 in BERTH MARKS and starting at 2:25 in MATADOR. You can see what appears to be the same window in the background as well.