Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

How many times is the "tapeworm" gag reused??

Offline QuinceHead

Hi everyone,

Every time my boss at work leaves his toast in the toaster too long, I'm reminded of the "tapeworm" gag where a Stooge orders burnt toast and a rotten egg.  When another Stooge expresses confusion at this, the orderer explains that he's got a tapeworm, and that's good enough for him!

I think this gag first surfaced in Punch Drunks, but I was wondering in which other shorts it's reused, and which Stooges participate in it?

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I'm reminded of the "tapeworm" gag where a Stooge orders burnt toast and a rotten egg.  When another Stooge expresses confusion at this, the orderer explains that he's got a tapeworm, and that's good enough for him!

I think this gag first surfaced in Punch Drunks, but I was wondering in which other shorts it's reused

ThreeStooges.net "Routines" Database

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Another way to get the answer to a question like that is to go to the episode page for the short that you know it's used in (in this case "Punch Drunks") and then click on the "Routines" section on the page.  That will show you the various routines that appear in the short which re-occur in other episodes.

Offline QuinceHead