Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act

Offline metaldams

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-cispa-links-companies-like-facebook-with-the-government

Just thought I'd share this, since we're obviously all Internet users.  Remember the Stop Online Piracy Act a few months back when this site and thousands of others shut down a day in protest?  Well, they're at it again.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!

Offline Curly4444

I'm glad to hear Ron Paul stood up against it, wonder if hes the only one? Shit like this is why i have extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox that stop Google from collecting data on me.

Offline metaldams

I'm glad to hear Ron Paul stood up against it, wonder if hes the only one?

As far as I know, yes, he's the only one, if "only one" means presidential candidates.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I'm glad to hear Ron Paul stood up against it, wonder if hes the only one? Shit like this is why i have extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox that stop Google from collecting data on me.

Which extensions do you use?  I'd like to make sure that I have all my bases covered.   ;)

Offline Curly4444

Which extensions do you use?  I'd like to make sure that I have all my bases covered.   ;)

I was talking about this extension/plugin:

http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/

Thanks for the link falsealarms, didnt know about those extensions for firefox. Will have to check those out.

As far as I know, yes, he's the only one, if "only one" means presidential candidates.

Yes, "only one" = presidential candidates

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
HA!  Pull the other one, it's got bells on. ::)

Seriously, does anyone really believe that Obama would veto CISPA if it passes Congress?  Is this like his saying that he would veto the NDAA - and then signing it into law on New Year's Eve, when no one was looking?  (Not to mention that the provision exempting American citizens was deliberately removed from the bill at the request of the White House.)   >:(

Never, ever trust a politician; they lie to your face without batting an eye. 

(That is why I like Ron Paul so much.  He will tell you the truth, even if you don't want to hear it.)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Insanity: CISPA Just Got Way Worse, And Then Passed On Rushed Vote

Quote from: the this-is-crazy dept
Up until this afternoon, the final vote on CISPA was supposed to be tomorrow. Then, abruptly, it was moved up today—and the House voted in favor of its passage with a vote of 248-168. But that's not even the worst part.

The vote followed the debate on amendments, several of which were passed. Among them was an absolutely terrible change (pdf and embedded below—scroll to amendment #6) to the definition of what the government can do with shared information, put forth by Rep. Quayle. Astonishingly, it was described as limiting the government's power, even though it in fact expands it by adding more items to the list of acceptable purposes for which shared information can be used. Even more astonishingly, it passed with a near-unanimous vote. The CISPA that was just approved by the House is much worse than the CISPA being discussed as recently as this morning.

Read the rest.

Offline metaldams

Insanity: CISPA Just Got Way Worse, And Then Passed On Rushed Vote

Read the rest.

....but they're protecting our children!   ::)

Seriously, reading this shit makes me feel so helpless.  I think education at this point is the best method, and I'm talking self-education.  The more people know about what's going on, the better.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

....but they're protecting our children!   ::)

Seriously, reading this shit makes me feel so helpless.  I think education at this point is the best method, and I'm talking self-education.  The more people know about what's going on, the better.
Everybody should do a website shutdown like they did last time.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
If Obama has half a brain (which I believe he does) there is no way he does anything but veto it. Young "progressives" (a bullshit euphemism for Democrat) would abandon him if he signed it. But hey, if he does sign it he might actually make a race out of the election (which I fully expect him to win).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

If Obama has half a brain (which I believe he does) there is no way he does anything but veto it. Young "progressives" (a bullshit euphemism for Democrat) would abandon him if he signed it. But hey, if he does sign it he might actually make a race out of the election (which I fully expect him to win).

Yeah, except the majority of the US watches the mainstream media, where the hot topics of the day are Trayvon Martin and Obama Vs. Romney - who's kinder to dogs?

I mentioned the National Defense Authorization Act to my father, which authorizes the U.S. military to arrest citizens and have them indefinitely detained without the right to a lawyer, and he had no clue what I was talking about.  Obama signed this gem on New Year's Day, and my Dad is a regular O'Reilly and Hannity viewer.  I don't know how much the public will know about CISPA, we'll have to wait and see.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

That ghostery extension is awesome. Take that privacy invaders. lol