Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Curly's wife Valerie

Offline sweet_canadian_girl

I know Curly had met and married Valerie while he was sick and that she had taken care of him until he passed away. But does anybody know what happened to her? Has she passed on as well, or is she still living? She actually has a page on IMDB with three credits, last one being in 1968. What about Curly's daughters?

EDIT:

Nevermind, she is still alive. Looking at her IMDB she remarried in 1954 to present, and had two more children.

Offline garystooge

The IMDB listing is wrong...that's another Valerie Newman.  Curly's wife Valerie died in 1962
Gary

Offline sweet_canadian_girl

The IMDB listing is wrong...that's another Valerie Newman.  Curly's wife Valerie died in 1962
Gary

Thanks! Guess I should've poked around on the boards before asking, since I just found a post from a few years back asking the same thing.

Offline healyhouston

Three Stooges sued by Widow - 10/25/1960

The Three Stooges comedy team has been sued for $450,000 damages by the widow of a former member of the troupe.

Mrs. Valerie Howard brought the action yeaterday with her two daughters Jane Howard and Mrs. Marilyn Server.

They contend that earnings from the team's theatrical appearances should have been shared with the estate of Mrs. Howards late husband, Jerome curly Howard, because Howard aided in developing the shows.  He died in 1952.

Defendants are the present members of the team- Howards brother Moe, Larry Find and Joe Derits (spelled incorectly) who replaced Jerome

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=TABYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MPcDAAAAIBAJ&dq=jerome%20howard&pg=7038%2C6074017

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Mrs. Valerie Howard brought the action yeaterday with her two daughters Jane Howard and Mrs. Marilyn Server.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=TABYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MPcDAAAAIBAJ&dq=jerome%20howard&pg=7038%2C6074017

This article link turns up from time-to-time.  Worth noting again that the reporter 52 years ago did a poor job of fact-checking...

• Valerie, Jerry's 4th/final wife, had one daughter, Janie
  • Marilyn's mother was Elaine, Jerry's 2nd wife

Offline Shemp

Does anyone know where she is buried?  I'd like to visit her grave if she is someplace in CA.  It's not in Findagrave.com under Valerie Newman, Howard, or (long shot) Horwitz.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:23:32 PM by Shemp »