Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New Beach Boys

Offline falsealarms

You can hear snippets of their upcoming single and hear new band comments:

Offline falsealarms

Why settle for snippets? Here's the whole song (didn't know the whole this was out until I saw the first video)

Offline metaldams

Future singles

HELP ME NURSE RHONDA
I GET AROUND (ON A WALKER)
ADD SOME MEDICINE TO YOUR DAY

OK, I'll quit being a jerk.  The song didn't sound so great, but their voices did.  Good for them, though, it's gonna be their last shot and they deserve to spend their last years doing what they want.  Reunions are always more valid to me when new music is being made.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

............still better than anything else on mainstream radio today.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I thought Guglielmo Marconi made the radio.

They sound great, like it was 1967 again, but the song is not very good. In fact it's kinda dated: besides in cars (when you usually aren't listening intently) and a few talk shows who listens to the radio anymore?

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline falsealarms

I think that's a great way of summing this up - they sound great, but the song itself is a bit of dud. The harmonies sound nice, but I'm not too big on the lyrics.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Not too crazy about the song, but their voices sound pretty darn good, and I'm glad they're reuniting.  Also wicked cool to see David Marks back in the group; he took over for Al back in the 60s when he went off to college for a bit and now he's back, which is cool. 

And yes, the reason I'm not too crazy about the tune is because I found it was dated.  Would still be nice to see them in concert. 
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline metaldams

And yes, the reason I'm not too crazy about the tune is because I found it was dated. 

That seems to be the consensus on this site, and I agree.  No doubt THAT'S WHY GOD MADE DOWNLOAD TORRENTS would've been a smash single.  That way, the youth of America can have fun fun fun till mom's boyfriend takes the ipad away. 

OK, I'll leave now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Bum

Considering it's the Beach Boys in 2012, it ain't bad. Like others have said, better than any other "new" stuff out there.

They did a good job of making Brian's voice sound decent, which I imagine hasn't been an easy task since the late '70's or so. Carl's absence is very noticeable, however.

Six out of a possible ten.

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
Then again, the song is a nice return to the days of old for me, since I hate my generation.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline metaldams

since I hate my generation.

Would the proper lyric for this be, "Hope I die before I am born?"
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Then again, the song is a nice return to the days of old for me, since I hate my generation.

Liz, I don't know how old you are (I'm 26), but there's been several times when I've thought I was "born too late"

Offline metaldams

Liz, I don't know how old you are (I'm 26), but there's been several times when I've thought I was "born too late"

Any 20 something, teen something, 30 something......whatever, that posts in a Beach Boys thread on a Three Stooges board was born too late, myself included.  We're all in the same boat.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I gotta say, I've listened to the new BB song a few more times... it sounds a little better than it did at first, but the quality of the vocals still beats the quality of the song itself.

Offline Liz

• Puddinhead
I gotta say, I've listened to the new BB song a few more times... it sounds a little better than it did at first, but the quality of the vocals still beats the quality of the song itself.
Every song does once you give it another go.  But yes I agree with you.  Vocals are much better.  But as I said, the song is a nice nostalgia trip.

By the way, I'm 20. :P
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

Every song does once you give it another go.  But yes I agree with you.  Vocals are much better.  But as I said, the song is a nice nostalgia trip.

By the way, I'm 20. :P

I hate you guys. <Sips on his glass of Metamucil before heading off for his 4 pm "old man nap".>

Actually, although I am "long in the tooth" compared to you guys I know how you feel. When I was a teenager/young adult I always thought "how cool would it have been to be of my parents generation and enjoy the great music when it was new, the movies..." etc. but as you get older you get over it.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

I hate you guys. <Sips on his glass of Metamucil before heading off for his 4 pm "old man nap".>

Actually, although I am "long in the tooth" compared to you guys I know how you feel. When I was a teenager/young adult I always thought "how cool would it have been to be of my parents generation and enjoy the great music when it was new, the movies..." etc. but as you get older you get over it.

The sane ones like you get over it.  The eccentrics like me, at age 33, still wish they were living in England in 1980 with a jean jacket, mullet, and cardboard guitars.

- Doug Sarnecky