The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New line of Three Stooges graphic novels

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Papercutz is a new graphic novel publishing company that started in  2005. They recently launched a line of new Three Stooges graphic novels, along with a line reprinting the original classic comics.

(Information provided in existing topics...
 -  Three Stooges Comic Book Collections, April 2012
 -  Three Stooges Comic Book Collections, Sept - Dec 2012)

THE BEST OF THE THREE STOOGES Vol. 1
Pete Alvarado and Norman Maurer, authors

Presenting the classic Three Stooges comics for an all-new audience. Originally published in the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s, these comics find Moe, Larry, and Curly (and sometimes Shemp) in a variety of zany situations that are just as funny today as they were when they first appeared.

7 x 10, 192pp., full-color hardcover: $19.99
ISBN 978-1-59707-328-8

THE THREE STOOGES #1
"Bed Bugged!"
Jim Salicrup, George Gladir, writers
Stan Goldberg, art

On the eve of the new major movie, Moe, Larry, and Curly are back in this collection of all-new comics stories written by Papercutz Editor-In-Chief Jim Salicrup and Sabrina the Teenage Witch creator George Gladir, drawn by legendary Archie Comics artist Stan Goldberg. In the title story “Bed Bugged,” the stooges find themselves as exterminators in a wealthy house full of priceless works of art. Can the three clear the house of bugs and leave the place intact? Their first collection of shenanigans will take them from Sumo Wrestling School to the set of a Spaghetti Western and all the way to Hollywood! Expect eye-pokes, gags, and slapstick galore in this return of the classic trio for an all-new audience.

6 x 9, 64pp., full-color paperback: $6.99
ISBN 978-1-59707-315-8
6 x 9, 64pp., full-color hardcover: $10.99
ISBN 978-1-59707-316-5

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:06:10 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline Jesse Post

Thanks for the mentions, Dunrobin! I'd love to hear what everyone thinks if anyone has a chance to read them. I'm more than happy to post a preview, too, if that's allowed.

We're really proud of these; Jim Salicrup (our editor-in-chief, and longtime Marvel editor) personally wrote or co-wrote the new comics because of his love for Larry, Curly, and Moe. And the art, from Archie superstar Stan Goldberg, is really funny and physical. And the classic comics from Norm Maurer more than speak for themselves.

Offline falsealarms

Hopefully, these can be added to the comic section on the main site.

Offline middlenamewayne

If my spotty childhood memory serves at all, the first time I saw Norm Maurer's original Three Stooges comics in a comic collector shop in the 1970s for the massive price of $10-20 apiece -- way out of my price range -- I had to settle for $1 copies of other "wacky" comics... including several copies of Archie's Madhouse comics by George Gladir! They were pretty funny, actually -- and I recollect Jim Salicrup as being one of the '80s Marvel guys with a sense of humor as well.

-- mnw

Offline Jesse Post

He's definitely a Marvel guy with a sense of humor! It helps to have someone who can laugh at everything around here on tight deadline days. :)

Those Archie Madhouse comics are a hoot -- definitely a good Plan B in the '70s. Have you seen the awesome new collection from IDW? Craig Yoe edited it. 

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
(Information provided in existing topics...
 -  Three Stooges Comic Book Collections, April 2012
 -  Three Stooges Comic Book Collections, Sept - Dec 2012)

My bad - I didn't think to look at the Events forum first.  Thanks for adding the links to those, Brent.

Offline middlenamewayne

He's definitely a Marvel guy with a sense of humor!

Did he work on CRAZY magazine at all? For the record, my first "published work" was the winning entry in the CRAZY Knock Knock Joke Contest #1:

Knock knock...
Who's there?
I got trampled at the...
I got trampled at The WHO?

I'm almost positive I remember Jim's name in the Impossible Man annual that included a story by Marie Javins. She's an acquaintance of mine through Daniel Johnston, and her story had posters in the bg parodying our friends' bands. Give her some coloring jobs!

-- mnw