Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Beatles 2.0?

Offline falsealarms

Apparently, The Beatles might be making a comeback. Not the original Beatles, but a new band with the kids of Paul, John, George, and Ringo.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/dhani_beatles_harrison_next_generation_atCl5szUThZDgdHKtP6IjK

Anyone have any feelings about it?

Offline metaldams

It's the ultimate of ironies.  As a bass player myself, I was thinking a few days ago how cool it would be if I could form a band with one of the Beatles kids.  Dhani Harrison, James McCartney, and Sean Ono Lennon are all roughly the same age as me (mid 30's), then I thought about them all forming a band together.  Then today, this rumor appears.

It won't be as good as The Beatles, that's impossible, but it still may be good, and I won't judge unless if they record together and I can hear some songs.  Will George Martin's kid produce?  I do like the few Julian Lennon songs I've heard, so anything's possible as far as musical quality goes. 

But if this doesn't happen and any of the above mentioned names need a bassist, call me.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

The Beatles can't be re-done but this might be interesting. It's scary how much Sean Lennon looks like John... ditto with McCartney's son and Paul.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm not trying to be mean here, but they might wanna think long and hard before pulling the trigger on something like this. The chances that a "Beatles Sons" project isn't shit upon are slight.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline archiezappa

The Beatles 2?  I dunno.  It would be kinda weird.  However, who wouldn't want to go see them in concert?  I mean, if they did a "Beatle" style concert.  You know, have all of them wear those 4 matching collerless suits, playing Gretsch, Epiphone, and Hofner guitars.  And Ludwig drums.  Have them perform the Beatles hits.  I mean, they could go all out!  If they did this right, they would be the ultimate Beatles tribute band.

They could have concert segments where each member shares interesting stories from their dads.  They could project images behind them of the Beatles performing the same song that the Beatles 2 are performing.  They could release records of them rerecording Beatles hits.  And possibly some originals?  Could Sean and James be the next Lennon & McCartney?  Well, they are Lennon & McCartney.  Can these boys live up to their dad's reputation?  Perhaps.

I know one thing.  I'm going to keep up with this.  I wanna see what happens next.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The Beatles 2?  I dunno.  It would be kinda weird.  However, who wouldn't want to go see them in concert?  I mean, if they did a "Beatle" style concert.  You know, have all of them wear those 4 matching collerless suits, playing Gretsch, Epiphone, and Hofner guitars.  And Ludwig drums.  Have them perform the Beatles hits.  I mean, they could go all out!  If they did this right, they would be the ultimate Beatles tribute band.

They could have concert segments where each member shares interesting stories from their dads.  They could project images behind them of the Beatles performing the same song that the Beatles 2 are performing.  They could release records of them rerecording Beatles hits.  And possibly some originals?  Could Sean and James be the next Lennon & McCartney?  Well, they are Lennon & McCartney.  Can these boys live up to their dad's reputation?  Perhaps.

Perhaps? The likelihood that a "Beatles 2" would be on par with their fathers and Sean Lennon & James McCartney become not only literally but figuratively the "next Lennon/McCartney" are almost nil. Is it possible? Sure, almost anything is. Is it PROBABLE? No.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline archiezappa

Perhaps? The likelihood that a "Beatles 2" would be on par with their fathers and Sean Lennon & James McCartney become not only literally but figuratively the "next Lennon/McCartney" are almost nil. Is it possible? Sure, almost anything is. Is it PROBABLE? No.

I'll tell ya one thing, though.  It sure makes for interesting discussions.   ;)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
One thing I noticed in the article and forgot to bring up: this is the first time I have seen a photo of James McCartney and he seems to suffer from DSS (Don Swayze Syndrome). DSS occurs in relatives of the famous and attractive. Symptoms include looking very close in appearance to the famous and attractive relative but having something "off" as it were. Although DSS sufferers look so much like their relative it's apparent to everyone that they are indeed related they are in fact not aesthetically pleasing at all.

Offline metaldams

I know one thing.  I'm going to keep up with this.  I wanna see what happens next.

I for one would NOT want to see them do a Beatle style concert.  The fascination for me would see how band chemistry can pass through generations. This would involve them cultivating their own sound, image, equipment and songs.  Them dressing up as The Beatles and playing Beatles hits would not interest me at all.  If hypothetically the Starkey and Harrison sons have the songwriting chemistry, I'd say let it evolve naturally.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

....and if the band does stink, I have the perfect name for a headline in a negative review - The Dung Beatles.  Almost tops Shit Sandwich, eh? 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

....and if the band does stink, I have the perfect name for a headline in a negative review - The Dung Beatles.  Almost tops Shit Sandwich, eh?

Or they would call them the Stink Beatles.  ;D

Offline middlenamewayne

....and if the band does stink, I have the perfect name for a headline in a negative review - The Dung Beatles.

Here in Texas, we've already had a GREAT band called The Dung Beatles scents the 1990s (not to mentionthe SubGenius anti-music band The Shitty Beatles from back in the '80s).

You can check out 4 of their best toots here:

http://www.myspace.com/thedungbeatlesaustin

1] PS: I Love Poo
2] Eight Shits A Week
3] From Meat To Poo;
   and for those who prefer their music in a Deutsch bag...
4] Schiel Eet Dich!

THE DUNG BEATLES
ASS MASTERS VOL. ONE
(Parlorthrone/Crapitol)
Reviewed by Greg Beets, 06/18/04
 In an even less perfect world, the idea of slathering the Beatles catalog with a steaming heap of scatological lyrics could've easily been a junior high lunchroom epiphany that never got properly acted upon. While lesser poo-minded youth grew into useless lawyers and bankers, the Dung Beatles returned to their dream with the same determination that brought MacArthur back to the Philippines. A fleeting, minor masterpiece of sewer comedy, Ass Masters Vol. One is an album-length fart joke that aims right for the bottom. John (just John, thank you), Paul McFartney, George Harriasson, and Dungo Farrt are musically and harmonically competent enough to pass stink bombs like "A Hard Day's Shite," "I Don't Want To Soil The Potty," and "Can't Wipe Me Bung" send corporate gig prospects a-waftin' into oblivion. Ass Masters even captures the heady days of the Shittish Invasion with a live recording of Little Shittard's "Long Tall Soily" at their command performance for the Queef at the Fellatium. Personally, I can't wait for Ass Masters Vol. Two, which will reportedly feature latter-day D.B. classics "Sgt. Pooper's Lonely Farts Club Band," "The Long and Winding Load," and "Revolution #2." Let it flow,boys!                 [Three Stars]

-- mnw

Offline metaldams

Here in Texas, we've already had a GREAT band called The Dung Beatles scents the 1990s (not to mentionthe SubGenius anti-music band The Shitty Beatles from back in the '80s).

You can check out 4 of their best toots here:

http://www.myspace.com/thedungbeatlesaustin

1] PS: I Love Poo
2] Eight Shits A Week
3] From Meat To Poo;
   and for those who prefer their music in a Deutsch bag...
4] Schiel Eet Dich!

THE DUNG BEATLES
ASS MASTERS VOL. ONE
(Parlorthrone/Crapitol)
Reviewed by Greg Beets, 06/18/04
 In an even less perfect world, the idea of slathering the Beatles catalog with a steaming heap of scatological lyrics could've easily been a junior high lunchroom epiphany that never got properly acted upon. While lesser poo-minded youth grew into useless lawyers and bankers, the Dung Beatles returned to their dream with the same determination that brought MacArthur back to the Philippines. A fleeting, minor masterpiece of sewer comedy, Ass Masters Vol. One is an album-length fart joke that aims right for the bottom. John (just John, thank you), Paul McFartney, George Harriasson, and Dungo Farrt are musically and harmonically competent enough to pass stink bombs like "A Hard Day's Shite," "I Don't Want To Soil The Potty," and "Can't Wipe Me Bung" send corporate gig prospects a-waftin' into oblivion. Ass Masters even captures the heady days of the Shittish Invasion with a live recording of Little Shittard's "Long Tall Soily" at their command performance for the Queef at the Fellatium. Personally, I can't wait for Ass Masters Vol. Two, which will reportedly feature latter-day D.B. classics "Sgt. Pooper's Lonely Farts Club Band," "The Long and Winding Load," and "Revolution #2." Let it flow,boys!                 [Three Stars]

-- mnw

Some people's genius surpass mine.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Some people's genius surpass mine.

Does this "Super Genius" surpass you??  :laugh: [pie]