Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sherman Hemsley, 74, THE JEFFERSONS / Chad Everett, 75, MEDICAL CENTER

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Sherman Hemsley, 'George Jefferson' of ALL IN THE FAMILY and THE JEFFERSONS, has died in El Paso TX.  He was 74.

AOL/Huffington Report

ALL IN THE FAMILY  Lionel's Engagement (1974)

Offline ProfessorStooge

I saw a few reruns of The Jeffersons years ago. I always liked it when George called his wife "Wheezy."  He also appeared on Family Matters, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Dinosaurs. R.I.P. Sherman. You have moved on up.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Wow.  I used to love him in All in the Family.  Rest in Peace in Heaven, Sherman.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Jeffersons was one of my favorites growing up. RIP Sherman, you will be missed...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline falsealarms

Way too many deaths this year. I wasn't a big JEFFERSONS fan, but he was great on AITF.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The hits keep comin'.  Lots of familiar film and TV faces from my era are leaving in droves this year.

News just broke that Chad Everett, star of MEDICAL CENTER (1969 - 1976) died of lung cancer earlier today. 

AOL/Huffington obituary

From THE RICH LITTLE SHOW (3/22/76), Chad Everett is on trial for arson, and his lawyer is Moe (Rich Little).  Judge Larry (R. G. Brown) and Prosecutor Curly (Joe Baker) round out the insanity.

Offline metaldams

Sherman Hemsley was the man, definitely a favorite actor from my childhood.  Thought he would've been older than 74.  R.I.P. to the man who taught me the word "honky."
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

Well, I guess he's "Movin' On Up!"
Man, that was bad. lol

Sherman Hemsley was the man, definitely a favorite actor from my childhood.  Thought he would've been older than 74.  R.I.P. to the man who taught me the word "honky."

Me too.

He also was the first black funny guy i knew of when i was a kid. I just loved the Jefferson's and his character. He just made me laugh my ass off. I wonder whos still alive form that show? Mr and Mrs Jefferson are dead. Isnt the white guy dead? and Florence, is she alive?

Offline archiezappa

He also was the first black funny guy i knew of when i was a kid. I just loved the Jefferson's and his character. He just made me laugh my ass off. I wonder whos still alive form that show? Mr and Mrs Jefferson are dead. Isnt the white guy dead? and Florence, is she alive?

Here's the rundown:

Died:
Zara Cully ("Mother" Jefferson) died in 1978.
Roxie Roker (Helen Willis) died in 1995.
Isabel Sanford (Louise "Weezy" Jefferson) died in 2004.
Franklin Cover (Tom Willis) died in 2006.
Mike Evans (Lionel Jefferson) died in 2006.
Paul Benedict (Harry Bentley) died in 2008.
Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson) died in 2012.

Still alive:
Marla Gibbs (Florence Johnston) is 81 years old.
Berlinda Tolbert (Jenny Willis Jefferson) is 62 years old.

That's all the main stars of the show.  I was surprised when I researched this.  I thought more of them were alive, but, really, most of them are gone.

Offline Curly4444

Here's the rundown:

Died:
Zara Cully ("Mother" Jefferson) died in 1978.
Roxie Roker (Helen Willis) died in 1995.
Isabel Sanford (Louise "Weezy" Jefferson) died in 2004.
Franklin Cover (Tom Willis) died in 2006.
Mike Evans (Lionel Jefferson) died in 2006.
Paul Benedict (Harry Bentley) died in 2008.
Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson) died in 2012.

Still alive:
Marla Gibbs (Florence Johnston) is 81 years old.
Berlinda Tolbert (Jenny Willis Jefferson) is 62 years old.

That's all the main stars of the show.  I was surprised when I researched this.  I thought more of them were alive, but, really, most of them are gone.

Wow, cant believe there almost all dead. Only two left.  And jenny is 62, she was so young when she was on the show. Time flies. Thanks for the info.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I wonder whos still alive form that show?

4 regular cast members...

Ned Wertimer (Ralph), Damon Evans (Lionel # 2), Marla Gibbs (Florence) and Berlinda Tolbert (Jenny).

Offline archiezappa

4 regular cast members...

Ned Wertimer (Ralph), Damon Evans (Lionel # 2), Marla Gibbs (Florence) and Berlinda Tolbert (Jenny).

Oh, okay.  I guess I overlooked a couple of people.  Also, I forgot that two different actors portrayed Lionel.