Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Comparative Stooging 101

Offline middlenamewayne

I saw Around the World In a Daze the other day when it aired on TCM, and realized I probably had never sat through it before (my girlfriend remembered seeing it as a kid, though!) I think I recall a TV clip of the "Maha? Aha!" bit with Joe DeRita, but was surprised to find the guys doing the "Pop Goes The Weasel" routine with him.

I'm blurry on my Joe Besser recollection -- is there any routine that was filmed with Curly, Shemp, Joe and Curly-Joe? A clip comparing all four doing the same bit is the sort of thing I would expect to find on YouTube -- or even the sort of thing I'd post myself if I ever get my video cap/editing sh*t back together!

Or still more bizarre: how about assembling a clip of a classic bit continuously cutting back & forth between versions featuring Curly & Shemp & Joe & C-J (and maybe even the animated Stooges?) throughout it? That would mess with some (knuckle)heads!

- mnw

PS: This reminds me -- I recently rediscovered the video file for a clip I made parodying the anti-Quentin Tarantino short Who Do You Think You're Fooling? It includes a pair of Stooges parodies (from the movie That's Adequate! and the Late Night w/Conan O'Brien TV show). Is anyone interested in having me repost Who Do You Think You're Stooging? on my currently active YouTube channel?